Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyannLarge

Back at it

4 posts in this topic

It's been a long time since I've graced you gentleman with my presence. I found a few more spots to try out and I've added boiled maize to my arsenal. Unfortunately those spots aren't very conducive to landing carp. I own a vehicle now so the possibilities have opened up. I usually end up catching bullhead these days but I rarely get skunked anymore.

Good to have you grace our presence Ryann . The carp are biting ....putting on the fat for the winter . I prefer using the maize to keep the gobies & other small fish from robbing me . I have tried a few new spots lately and all have plenty of carp . I have abandoned those spots due to the steep drop offs 20 to 30' from shore . .....losing fish when the line is raked over structure . Back to other spots that are more line friendly (most of the time).

Good fishing !   :Gonefishing:

The problem with my new spots are the unsteady sliding rock walls you have to walk on and the fact that I don't have a 15' net! Going out today after work for a couple hours targeting some perch. Maybe next week I'll check out Hamilton, Welland, or Jordan. I've never left St. Catharines/Thorold for fishing before. A regular customer at the gas station I work at has shown me some beautiful cats he's caught in Hamilton and I have to say I'm intrigued.