Turkey Season

gunner-2

Well it's here guy's have a safe and successful hunt i'm headed to Hagersville in the morning just got word from my brother-in-law he seen 7 birds in his

back field 2 toms for sure so going to start the season there if that don't pan out it's to my honey hole

GOOD LUCK GUYS

Way to go GW. I made it out on Monday morning and was busted by a group of three hens when wife called me to let me know my daughter was sick and needed to be picked up at school. There was probably a big Tom right behind them in the bush. Arggh Hoping to make it out on Saturday.

Guest brookie slayer

Been out twice. Both aft/night. Heard nothing. Seen nothing. Unless you count poachers.

What's the daily bag limit on poachers anyway

Been out twice. Both aft/night. Heard nothing. Seen nothing. Unless you count poachers.

What's the daily bag limit on poachers anyway

Ya not seeing anything but hens this year as far as poachers there is no limit Make that call or if you see there car/truck parked around the area take pic of licence plate

and call it in

Been out 4 times now. Birds have been gobbling like crazy every morning I've been out - 1/2 hour opening morning, then 1 hour or more every time since.

This morning they started at 4:50 am (2 gobblers + 2 jakes), and kept it up steadily until they flew down at 6:00 am. This time they finally flew towards me!

Bagged a 22.05 Lb bird at 6:05 - had to wait 5 minutes for the 2 gobblers to split up enough that I didn't hit both!

10 1/4" beard, 1" and 1 1/8" spurs.

Now got to try and get my grandson to fill tag #2.

Way to go Genec i was busted by a tom this morning so i l let things go for the weekend and try again Monday he a nice tom hope he gives me a second chance

congrats on your bird

• 5 weeks later...
Guest brookie slayer

Was out 10 or 11 times....seen 1 hen...that's it.... never even heard any birds around my spots....gave up the last 2 wks.... ticks and mosquitoes were unbearable.....

5 hours ago, brookie slayer said:

Was out 10 or 11 times....seen 1 hen...that's it.... never even heard any birds around my spots....gave up the last 2 wks.... ticks and mosquitoes were unbearable.....

I made it out the first week and called it quits had one tom that busted me and that was the end of the hunt didn't have a prob with ticks

or mosquitoes just with birds try agian next year

Archived