How To Annoy Other Fisherman..

jordanl

You seem pretty confident!!!! Letting them know what they are doing wrong LMAO!!!! I've banked hundreds of Steelhead in the Niagara river and I have never done so with a cocky attitude....you must be a good swimmer!!!

RB

haha, realistically this was just ment to lighten up the mood, every one has been in a situation where they fish a run, and nothing, then some guy walks in and gets a first drift fish, and for once i was that guy. and i dont just walk up and say "your doing it wrong!" and proceed to say how they should be doing it, more or so if we strike up a convo il be more then happy to tell them what im using, how im using it and answer any of the questions they have, if any.

This Jordan kid bothers the crap out of me and is likely why a lot of people leave Niagara fishing forum. If u came up to me and told me how to fish because U caught some zombie ace salmon I'd not be impressed and judging by your picture it may not go well for you. This is a sport to a lot of us and just like when you win a game it is poor sportsmanship to make fun of the loosing team. Chill out kid because guess what pretty much everyone on this site knows more then you sooo sit back and learn some river ethics.

Some of you guys need to lighten up a tad......read this thread from the beginning & you should be able to get a full grasp on what Jordan is saying . I kidded him at post #5 & then the thread started to head south after that . One thing we should remember when we are kidding or ribbing someone , use the appropriate emoticons to help those who may take every word as gospel . I like to kid around to help lighten things up on these cold windy days .....that why I am called "Grump # uno " :thx:

must say smerch with all do respect i disagree....if you go back to the original post and read step 3 of jordans post...."step three:walk over and make a cocky statement, usually "watch, im going to catch a fish within 5 mins"

......thats not the code i was taught....i was taught as an angler you respect nature and the other anglers on the water...everybody on this site preaches how important it is to get new anglers in to the sport....what if these guys were new to the river and hear smack talk from some young kid...you think they are gonna have a good view of anglers in general...i certainly don't want to be lumped in with some know-it-all cocky kid....and as a mod on this site i would expect alittle more respect for fellow anglers...

I second that!

Ps smerchly I didn't need emoticons Because 1st off what I said was clearly not a joke and second emoticons died with the early 2000's

Ps smerchly I didn't need emoticons Because 1st off what I said was clearly not a joke and second emoticons died with the early 2000's

I respect your view point pudge as things can be taken two ways . Generally , I tend to look at the lighter side . If I was one of the other anglers I 'm sure I would laugh it off or make some kind of remark in a kidding way . I hope we can overlook a questionable statement from a young man who has been doing a great job here as a mod and I have been impressed with his writing skills for a young person.

I second that!

Ha ha ....I like using those little "smilies" . They can be used to emphasize a statement ( like one picture is worth 1000 words) I guess being 70 means I'm stuck in the 80's ....... :unsure:

One thing I have noticed over the years is... the more you fish, the more you realize how little you

know! So many species, so many techniques, so much refining. Keep your cup empty so you always have

room to learn weather it be from a "pro" or from a local child who knows the area. Life has a funny way of humbling

us and realizing that fishing is our way of connecting to nature is really what its all about. The attitude that you are a life long

student of the game will do us well...

This Jordan kid bothers the crap out of me and is likely why a lot of people leave Niagara fishing forum. If u came up to me and told me how to fish because U caught some zombie ace salmon I'd not be impressed and judging by your picture it may not go well for you. This is a sport to a lot of us and just like when you win a game it is poor sportsmanship to make fun of the loosing team. Chill out kid because guess what pretty much everyone on this site knows more then you sooo sit back and learn some river ethics.

With all do respect of the situation, i have seen some cocky know it all remarks come from yourself in reference to the post regarding bottom bouncing port where i suggested to take up the slack in your line to maintain contact with your weight and the bottom. Your response was quote " dont listen to the guy about taking up slack in your line" we are all guilty of something stupid or said something out of context. I personally know Jordan has not taken to well to this thread and he understands what your saying as much as like Smerch says was not meant to come across as it did. What gets people is negativity and personal attacks in every darn post. Some guy post a few pictures....then along come the trouble makers to condem how it was held or what he did wrong.....thats what causes problems. These comments often come from the same people who usually have little to nothing to offer to improve the site or assist in making it a better more informing place. If you cant pm a member with an issue instead of publicly roasting him and this site bothers you so much.....nobody is holding you here leave. I have fished with and met some great members of NFN but cme on guys relax a little. Jordan understands how his post came across.....and im not defending him. Hes a young kid that contributes alot here and his intention was not what it came out as. Can we leave this to rest.....and move on with the positives going forward.

I don't know....I personally was brought up with ethics...taught to me by my grandfather and countless other fisherman I have had the pleasure of sharing drifts with. If Jordan were to step into a spot I had been fishing and hooked up right away....I would say something along the lines of way to go...I couldn't get one to hit all day! Hell I would even help him land it and even take a pic for him. That's the way I was raised, and I take pride in knowing that I make more friends than enemies on the water. If it was meant as a joke then so be it...but take note that other fisherman are likely to take it the wrong way....that's when bad things can happen on the river.

RB

I wish we all had to meet once a month to maintain membership then we'd see who's cocky. People would be a lot more appropriate if they knew the comments they made would be discussed in person

Archived