Worse Fishing Weekend Ever...

DaveC

Headed to thornbury sat night. Got there at 11:00 and fished two hours with not a sniff. Seen a few fish jump at the mouth but no takers. Talked to a guy that had been there all day said only two fish caught by others all day. Water is extremly low. Headed over to the bighead to the same senirio....nothing happening. Then remembered i left my extension net on the rocks at thornbury. Drove back about 5:30 on our way to the notty hoping to find my net....it was gone...asked around to no avail. Oh well...lesson learned!!

Headed to the notty to find the gates to montgomery rapids locked. Asked a few people why and was told people were camping and leaving mounds of garbage as well as locals in the newly developed wasaga beach using the park as thier dumping grounds. Headed down to fish another area we know that should have produced...again nothing about 8-9 guys fished all morning....one stray fish hooked on a silver spinner. Water low and too warm as well....decided to call it a day. Got home and my wife was parked in my parking spot so just parked on the street. Crashed being totally exhausted after unloading the car and cleaning my boots and waders. Planned to move the car into the driveway later on as i could not keep my eyes open. Forgot the car on the street. Also forgot i left drivers window down....woke up this morning for work and the car was ransacked and my gps and cable were stolen and everything dumped all over the floor. This is the second time this has happened to me...last time i never locked doors on my other car and they took all my chsnge....kids i suspect. So now ive had it....ive learned my lesson this time. Im installing security cameras on the exterior of the house. Was thinking of setting up a sting...just to kick a few a$$es in progress. All in all....a fishing weekend id rather forget!!

That looks like a day to forget Dave ! The fishing has been very slow for me as well ....spent a day a Jordan and not a sniff , but found a nice multi-tool , if anyone here lost it , pm me .... The water is still warm & the temps are above norm this week as well , & lots of bait fish everywhere ! We older guys tend to forget things sometimes ....but I can still remember the good old days when we didn't lock our doors & could leave keys in the car , or didn't need to lock up our bicycles . Things have really gone downhill since as more people buy security cameras and install alarms for cars & homes . And then we have the airheads who toss their garbage everywhere.......We should be progressing ....it isn't happening ....perhaps there are too many stoners out there who have fried their brains . I live in a "nice" hood but we have to lock up everything , and never leave a car unlocked .

Sounds like a weekend when nothing goes right.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Some people will steal anything that isn't tied down. The best deterrent is to catch one in the act and trounce him. Word gets around. But these days, the police would probably charge you instead, so you just can't win.

That looks like a day to forget Dave ! The fishing has been very slow for me as well ....spent a day a Jordan and not a sniff , but found a nice multi-tool , if anyone here lost it , pm me .... The water is still warm & the temps are above norm this week as well , & lots of bait fish everywhere ! We older guys tend to forget things sometimes ....but I can still remember the good old days when we didn't lock our doors & could leave keys in the car , or didn't need to lock up our bicycles . Things have really gone downhill since as more people buy security cameras and install alarms for cars & homes . And then we have the airheads who toss their garbage everywhere.......We should be progressing ....it isn't happening ....perhaps there are too many stoners out there who have fried their brains . I live in a "nice" hood but we have to lock up everything , and never leave a car unlocked .

Those days are long gone Bill. Just hope the person needed it more than me...if it feeds someone or pays thier bills then its a loss to good cause. I hear you on the fried brains. The long time resident i spoke to said that the wasaga beach developments have ruined more than just fishing spots. The jerks who unload thier pickup trucks of weekend trash and matresses into a really nice park that people use to walk thier dogs or access the river is disgusting to say the least.

Wow that was a bad weekend that just kept getting worse.

I have had cameras on my house for the last 5 years, after my house was broken into.

I am actually upgrading my system from 600TVL to a 1080P system this weekend as the difference in quality is incredible.

I have spent a month researching and shopping around. If you want some help picking out a low cost system with High quality cameras send me a PM

Check out the LOREX HD 1080 p with 12x optical zoom. Priced at $600 each. Install 6 at the house you'll see and record even how many whiskers a mouse has. Run off recorder or smart phone teck. Robbers no more....

I like the sting idea as well :slap:...but Id be the one in jail. Im definitely going to look into at least 2 cameras though. I live too close to downtown and my street is a cut through street from the core. Been a lot of bad activity nearby all summer...some house they broke in while the people were home and stole a purse and got the car keys and took the car as well. Drugs are rampant and a big bust just took place here in town a few days ago. They go to court and back at it a few days later. 5 1/2 more years....then im outta here on retirement. Going as far away from the city as possible.

Several years ago we had some break-ins at the dojo where I was training. The back door was in an alley, but there was a camera and lights on motion sensors. Didn't stop the punks (don't know what they thought they'd find).

What did stop them? Our sensei started leaving the dog there overnight. Someone would start messing around at the door and the dog would start barking. It didn't matter that the dog wouldn't hurt a fly, and was just saying "come play with me;" a barking dog will make most thieves hesitate.

Archived