Woods Canvas Tent

smerchly

Another treasure from Smercho's basement .......I found this old 9' x 12' tent that I used for a P.E.I./N.S. trip back in 1984 and a time or two at Quinte . It has some blotches of discolouration from dampness and age etc. I used a power washer to clean it up some & there's a few small pin holes in one spot on the top . It is useable, or if anyone needs material to repair another tent or the the steel frame , it is free ......until next Thursday when the garbage truck comes....

SAM_6175.JPG

If u still have it ill take it

I took it down after 3 days on the grass and found mouse trails all through the grass under the orange poly floor . I rolled it up tightly for the garbage truck this Thurs. and some of the flooring came apart at the seam , so it may not last long if it is used in windy conditions etc. If you want to take it anyway , I will hold it for you . The screens are all good .....a little lube on the zippers and a few small patches on a spot on the top and it may get a few more miles out of it .

Aw Bill I had the same tent for years

Good tents Tony .....tough as nails but very heavy compared to the nylon tents today . I still have it .....could still be useful to hunters or used to repair similar tents . The poles alone should be worth money for scrap metal lol

Archived