Grand Bend Area Fishing

Guest fishstick

Guest fishstick

Heading up to the Pinery Saturday morning, any good or decent spots in the area? From what I have gathered, the Old (somethingerother) channel that runs through the park is a protected area.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance folks.

:rolleyes:

Hey Sticky, you are talking about the old ausable river channel. If you have a canoe you are good to go or you can rent one daily from the park. I have not been there in a few years but there was fishing when I was there. lots of bass and panfish. There is another area down at the end of the park towards Port Franks that I think connects the old ausable and I think its , the new . I could be wrong. Have fun , look forward to a report with pics.

The old channel has pike and panfish in it and I'm pretty sure you can fish it I have in the past. Bayfield and Maitland rivers are a short drive away(north on 21), and should be full of bass right now and maybe a few walleye in the harbour or you might get lucky casting off the piers for trout or salmon same as Port D.

jjcanoe

Guest Sandbag

Was at Pinery last month.

The old Ausable river runs through the park. You are good to go fishing in there. If you have kids with you, you get panfish (sunny's perch, bluegill) every cast with worms. There are also bass in the river. Saw a few real good ones cruising around, however only @1lbs biting.

If you take the main road past the riverside campground, stay on it for about 4-5 klms, you will come to a brisge that crosses marsh before the end of the road. if you park there is a dock on the right hand side of the road near the bridge. Lots of pike/panfish and bass in this area as well from shore.

Cheers

Craig

Guest fishstick

Thanx for the help guys. We're staying in the Riverside so I should be close enough.

Time for a snooze, leaving in 5 hours.

Be safe everyone.

Promise fish pics.... :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Archived