I Can't Believe This

gunner-2

I went out for a drive this afternoon thought i would take

my canoe out and stopped at my duck blind in the Chippawa creek

hung out for a while i have hunted this spot for i would say 15 years and seen different

things but now i think i have seen everything I THINK it's a beaver this is the first

time ever for me i wish i could of got a better pic of him but my camara sucks

i waited for him to come back and he did but to dark for my camara

067_zpsfd83b836.jpg

Yep it is definitely a beaver it just took me by surprise like i said 15 years hunting down there

i have never seen one. Being a taxidermist i had a client that brought one in to get

mounted from the niagara region so they are around

See couple of them around the welland canal often... and the tress along the shoreline are proof

yes i heard that there in there they must be bank beaver if i get brave enough to face the

mosquitos again i'm gooing to look around for tree chews

There's one on a peice of property I own that borders the wainfleet bog ! I knock out his dams and he puts em up faster than I can mangle them! He is a bank beaver and a good size one to boot... There has been many over the years out there and friends in the area have reported alot of sightings in the past few years ! They are also a bunch in the old feeder canal in wainfleet !! Amazing creatures until they start messing with irrigation lol

There's one on a peice of property I own that borders the wainfleet bog ! I knock out his dams and he puts em up faster than I can mangle them! He is a bank beaver and a good size one to boot... There has been many over the years out there and friends in the area have reported alot of sightings in the past few years ! They are also a bunch in the old feeder canal in wainfleet !! Amazing creatures until they start messing with irrigation lol

Yes i heard about them in the feeder i think that's were a client of mine brought his beaver from

but not sure but i heard about them there

Picture016_zps6dca779e.jpg

Seen em around beaverdams, portd/martindale area, and jordan harbour area. They scare the crap out of me when I dont see them and hy clap their tale on the water

Yeh i had that one night too...under queenston boat dock. 2 of them clapped thier tails right below my feet....almost jumped out of my boots...lol.

I've seen plenty of them around here recently. Saw one in the Welland canal last year, just hanging out under a bridge. He was huge. I've seen them crossing the road near Beaverdams. There's one spot right in Welland where there's an active lodge tons of chewed down trees in the area, if you go there just before sundown you can usually catch one out doing his rounds. One of them even damed up a ditch that had some water flowing in it. I've also seen lots of evidence of them in the bog, there's one damn there that I've crossed a dozen or more times in the last few years.

So they're definitely around, they're just a bit shy is all :)

• 1 month later...

There's two things you have to remember about beavers:

1) They are a lot meaner than you'd think.

2) They are a lot bigger than you'd think.

Salmon fishing around Hamilton one night, two guys are plunking roe bags, and one sets the hook. "FISH ON". Then they start talking about how it's fighting weird, not moving much...and then everybody heard " JEEESUS CHRIST IT'S AN EFF'N BEAVER!"

Much discussion about how to get the hook out of its armpit, when the beaver decided it has had enough of this silliness and CHARGED up the bank and started chasing these guys down the road screeching a AYAYAYAYAYAYAY beaver warcry, dragging the guys rod behind him. Line snaps, beaver waddles back into the water, and about half hour later everybody stopped laughing.

:D

Kayaking in Martindale a couple weeks ago we saw at least 10 in a couple hours. They're everywhere!

Archived