Fluorocarbon line brand comparison test

fishfight

Check this website that I just found today after reading more info on fluorocarbon fishing line.

There are only three manufacturer in the world............. two in Japan and one in Germany.

http://tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbontest.html

just a personal preference if you don't mind. i like to fish for perch most of the time, sometimes from shore and sometimes from a boat[ if these darn winds would ever calm down]. i tried flourocarbon for the whole spool and with tying my hooks on it was a pain to work with. lots of line twist. now i swear by using braided line and using a flourocarbon leader line to tie my hooks. the sensitivity and nonstretch of the braid are great when fishing in 60ft of water and the perch are just sucking the minnows in lightly. its amazing how you can feel it. now i just wish there was a braid you could use in the winter that wouldn't ice up

just a personal preference if you don't mind. i like to fish for perch most of the time, sometimes from shore and sometimes from a boat[ if these darn winds would ever calm down]. i tried flourocarbon for the whole spool and with tying my hooks on it was a pain to work with. lots of line twist. now i swear by using braided line and using a flourocarbon leader line to tie my hooks. the sensitivity and nonstretch of the braid are great when fishing in 60ft of water and the perch are just sucking the minnows in lightly. its amazing how you can feel it. now i just wish there was a braid you could use in the winter that wouldn't ice up

That part about ice fishing with braided line is so true, anyone have a remedy?

if you use a white braided line, such as Fused Crystal, you don't even need a fluoro leader. i never use a leader with this line and I catch fish, so that's gotta say something about the clarity of the line, or lack thereof. LOL. I love my Fused Crystal and I'm sticking with it untill something better/newer replaces it. :clapping:

if you use a white braided line, such as Fused Crystal, you don't even need a fluoro leader. i never use a leader with this line and I catch fish, so that's gotta say something about the clarity of the line, or lack thereof. LOL. I love my Fused Crystal and I'm sticking with it untill something better/newer replaces it. :clapping:

I think the white line like Crystal is way more visable, than even the green, I tried it but ran a flouro leader.

I think all line is somewhat visible, given the right conditions and lighting. this is where people make the mistake in buying line, no matter what kind it is. if you present the bait right, work it right and do everything right, you could use dayglow orange coloured line and it wouldn't make the least bit of difference. the point is, the line and what kind it is, is the least of your worries. LOL.

i use only power pro for warm water with a vanish fluoro leader. (not a good choice for steelhead though since they seem to snap the leader without the stretch cushion of mono) i have had a beef with breaking strenth of the 6 lb vanish for some reason so given the above article though i think my next refill will be the bass pro stuff and see how that works out. now all i need are some cooperative fish willing to act as test subjects.

Anyone tried Visous flurocarbon line?I read mix reviews on these line, they are the cheapest you can buy out there.

I only use fluorocarbon as leaders when the water is clear otherwise, the visibility of the mono line is quite close to Fluro line. For drop shotting, I would defintely tie at least 3-6ft+ fluro leader.

Archived