First Bear And The Work Goes On

gunner-2

Looks alive, well almost.

That's what makes a good taxidermist ......making it look alive . Very nice mount Gunner ! I never got into the big game mounts , a lot of work and time put into it . I had a bear rug made many years ago ...too much work for me to scrape & tan the hide . Do you use the real skull or use a foam one ?

That's what makes a good taxidermist ......making it look alive . Very nice mount Gunner ! I never got into the big game mounts , a lot of work and time put into it . I had a bear rug made many years ago ...too much work for me to scrape & tan the hide . Do you use the real skull or use a foam one ?

Thanks for the kind words smerch and every one else your right there is a lot of work put in to a mount so if i'm going to put the time into it i will put just a little more into it to make him look alive

Thanks for the kind words smerch and every one else your right there is a lot of work put in to a mount so if i'm going to put the time into it i will put just a little more into it to make him look alive

Well Gunner , you could go high tech and add a remote control device inside the bear to open & close its mouth and eyes ....like that Billy Bass I have here LOL . My Dad did some "novelty " mounts ,like doing four frogs sitting at a table playing cards , and a squirrel padding a canoe . It's easy enough to do and brings in a few extra bucks to buy some supplies ......and fishing tackle ......I have a few of those old black & white photos hiding in my old picture stash . I'll dig a few up and post them....

Well Gunner , you could go high tech and add a remote control device inside the bear to open & close its mouth and eyes ....like that Billy Bass I have here LOL . My Dad did some "novelty " mounts ,like doing four frogs sitting at a table playing cards , and a squirrel padding a canoe . It's easy enough to do and brings in a few extra bucks to buy some supplies ......and fishing tackle ......I have a few of those old black & white photos hiding in my old picture stash . I'll dig a few up and post them....

That would be cool i would love to see them i have a guy that want's a squirrel done in a superman suit as soon as we gets a squirrel

That would be cool i would love to see them i have a guy that want's a squirrel done in a superman suit as soon as we gets a squirrel

SQUIRRELS !! They are my apple tree's worst enemy ! I caught 50 of the buggers last year , and 23 so far this year ....not many left in this hood ! They have all been "relocated" to the 12 Mile valley where the walnut trees are everywhere . If you could hunt there you could bag your limit with one shot ( wide choke -#6 shot ) :th_fudd: ....... :tease: . "Super Squirrel" would be a hoot to see ! :lol:

You could do Rocky the Squirrel and Bullwinkle. You'd need a squirrel and a moose. Maybe perch Rocky on Bullwinkle's antlers. But I don't know how many folks would get the joke.

Funny you said that Coachman i'm working on a moose head right now has a 42 inch spread

Very nice work gunner. Did you mount that over your bed? Lol.

No i like sleeping in my room my wife would have me put up there if i tryed doing something like that

no its not mine i did it for a buddy

SQUIRRELS !! They are my apple tree's worst enemy ! I caught 50 of the buggers last year , and 23 so far this year ....not many left in this hood ! They have all been "relocated" to the 12 Mile valley where the walnut trees are everywhere . If you could hunt there you could bag your limit with one shot ( wide choke -#6 shot ) :th_fudd: ....... :tease: . "Super Squirrel" would be a hoot to see ! :lol:

You will never get rid off them. They are territorial, move one out and another one moves in. Never ending. They make a good stew.

Think you are right capt , just saw two fat ones running along the chain link fence . :glare: If I don't trap them there seems to be more tree rats than apples on my tree ! I have eaten them many years ago ......seem to have a nutty flavour .......If I kept every one I have trapped I would have a freezer full of squirrel burger . What to do with 75 tails ? :dunno:

Archived