Atv Mechanical Issue

Hendo

Recently purchased a used atv the front right tire is toed in at the top and looks completely diffrent then the left. I assume there is something bent . Ive looked at the a arms and tie rods everyrhing looks ok visually. Dose anyone know what else i can check or do to try and fix the problem.

Yes,somthing bent or as mentioned above the bearing.If you life the frame up to remove weight off the suspension you can shake the wheel to see if it has any movement of see if other steering components are loose like the balljoints.

I jacked it up then tryed pushing on the wheel from top to bottom feels solid same as other side. I was thinking the same wheel bearing but dosnt seem loose could it be something with cv joint ?. When im looking at the upper and lower control arm looks good but one could be slightly bent anyway of checking forsure

pick the same points on both sides & take exact measurements from a few spans or bolt locations.If you cant find anything bent/out a 1/4" or more im not sure what it could be.If it rides safely just use it?

It drives fine but it pulls hard to the right. I will try and take some measurments see what i can find

Are they adjustable tie rods?

I'm sure like a sled there should be some toe in to prevent darting

Justasnag is right..don't measure to the tire or rim as they may have different inflation or bent rim ect...Go from the brake disc to points on each side of the frame and see if the ATV itself is true...BTW is this name brand or off shore ATV?

Tie rods are adjustable and yes they should have a certain amount of toe i messed around with the tie rod but that did not help

Lots of Youtube videos on how to adjust tie rods..could have taken a hit and needs adjusting back to true or to compensate a bent frame or A-Arm.

I've seen some pretty bent up sleds that were aligned to go straight down the trail at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Tie rods only adjust your toe ... By what your saying is your " camber" is out ... I'd check the shocks first then really measure your A arms (bushings , bolts etc for wear ) all bikes are usually set with a "negative " chamber for tracking purpose ... If the bike really pulls to the right then yes the tie rod adjustment is out or something bent .... My guess is it was run into something ie: stump etc ! Let me know if you have any questions I have years mechanical background

Archived