Anyone Fished down by maid of the mist?

Scrimmy

I go down once in a while still,with the chance of being asked to leave.you can't walk down the left roadway(maid) anymore but can often go down the right(hydro) road to the trail at the end.there is no foam early before the water rises and a few large smallies to catch.I have never seen a muskie there in 20 years as a avid fisherman going for bass,rainbows,and salmon.If you go down there be safe.jesse

I have been down in the past, however you are taking a chance because there are a lot of no trespassing signs while you walk down the hydro road. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a ticket for fishing down there.

The problem is that you still see the odd fishing show being shot down there. Its hard to keep people out if you let the shows go down.

Garbage and terrorism ruined it :rolleyes:

More like the numpty that managed to kill himself fishing off the rocks in Port Dover and his surviving family won their $2.5Mil lottery lawsuit. That's when the barricades started flying up on all the unmaintained breakwalls & fishing spots in S. Ontario.

that whole river is loaded with small mouth just walk down the whirlpool and head toward the bridge go exploring as long as your able to make the hike down there , there are muskie in there for sure but i've only seen them as far as the whirlpool , thats not to say they arent further up im sure they are ,

They are a few spots along the parkway where there are trails going down to the river but i believe its illegal to hop the wall :rolleyes:

I have been fishing down there for 20 years and have never had a problem. They have now limited where you can fish and can no longer park on the road going down. As long as you are not on Maid of the mist property or on Hydro property no one says anything. Hydro property is marked by a fence and Maid property ends at the corner of the bay down there. Lots of Smallies. Awesome spot for salmon as well and great for bows year round.

I have been fishing down there for 20 years and have never had a problem. They have now limited where you can fish and can no longer park on the road going down. As long as you are not on Maid of the mist property or on Hydro property no one says anything. Hydro property is marked by a fence and Maid property ends at the corner of the bay down there. Lots of Smallies. Awesome spot for salmon as well and great for bows year round.

Some people still do it, but if you get the wrong person phone a complaint in it's pretty tough to justify your reasons for being down there. You have to pass about 20 signs telling you not to be there.

I was kicked out of a spot along the niagara river a few years back following a phone call from a person staying in one of the Fallsview hotels. My exit from the water was in the company of Fire, Police, and EMS.....along with a clip in the local paper. Luckily my fine was dropped.

Best to fish where you are allowed to fish.

I was kicked out of a spot along the niagara river a few years back following a phone call from a person staying in one of the Fallsview hotels. My exit from the water was in the company of Fire, Police, and EMS.....along with a clip in the local paper. Luckily my fine was dropped.

That's awesome Kevin :D Did you save the newsclipping?

Some people still do it, but if you get the wrong person phone a complaint in it's pretty tough to justify your reasons for being down there. You have to pass about 20 signs telling you not to be there.

It's amazing, the amount of people (tourists and some locals, mostly tourists) who think the entire gorge is off limits....

I deal with tourists all day. Questions range from. "How can fish live down there?" To "What happens if someone falls in the water?" To "Why do they let people go in the gorge?"

My usual answers to their Questions...

Fish live down there, because there is water.

If someone falls in the water (they rarely do) they come back out of the water soaking wet 99.99999% of the time. Or they drown.

I can't think of a good reason to not let people go down (actually I can think of a few reasons, but most people don't do anything stupid down there).

Archived