Even My Bobber Out Fishes Me.... Need Help

MasterSkunk

So went to my local docs and tried for some trout not sure what I am doing wrong as I tried bottom bouncing, at least what I think of bottom bouncing with a floating roe bag. Then tried on a float and that is when a very nice size brown came up to take a bite of my bobber. Any help is much appreciated.

Trev.

Roe is still working and will work all winter although streamers and minnow imitations will soon be the top of the list, that being said Trout fishing takes a bit of experience to get good at especially bottom bouncing, I've got yrs of drifting behind me and still I'm learning new techniques and such, the learning curve never ends.I do ussually catch a fish every once in awhile but I've been at it for a long time

I am using a small bag with three eggs in it and a floro leder of about 13 inch. Then I have a small weight before the leder. This is very new to me and seeing such a nice fish attack my bobber makes it all the more enticing. I am using a spinning setup as I do not have anything else. Please any advice about how to bottom bounce or setup is very appreciated. I am going to be dreaming about that fish. I am fishing at a marina in the grimsby area.

Not much current. But the water moves. I am fishing in a marina that is in a small inlet off of lake o. Do browns hit the spoons as well and what else do they hit. Should I try drop shotting if so what to use. Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance.

try casting an orange panther martin spinner,run a 2ft.leader tied to a swivel, 1/4 ounce bullet weight behind the swivel,,,,,if they are feeding you will get hit,,,keep at it once you get a few your confidence will build and you will get more and more,,,good luck

Not much current. But the water moves. I am fishing in a marina that is in a small inlet off of lake o. Do browns hit the spoons as well and what else do they hit. Should I try drop shotting if so what to use. Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance.

dont every be sorry for asking thats why this forum is here, everyone has questions from time to time...even the pros!

If there is very little water movement bottom bouncing may not be a good technique. When I target trout at 50 point Marina or the channel into it I use these with pretty good results. ive also had pike at 50 hit these.

405156723.jpg

I dont use this color this was just a file photo I pulled of google.

Blue fox is the manufacturer and are available just about anywhere. hope this helps.

Master....

to add to the many wonderful suggestions and pointers:

Dont ever FORGET the HUMBLE yet DEADLY - WORM!

A good ole dew worm rigged as simple as you can get (Line, sinker, hook) .... can be extremely effective.

Steelhead, Browns, Lakers .... almost ANY/ALL FISH will take a worm.

Nothing needed to add!

* A worm gives the added element of surprise. Never know exactly whats hitting it.

Some will avoid using a worm for that very reason and be more species oriented.

I simply love the "mystery" of using NATURES #1 BAIT.

Good Luck!

Thanks Blair, should I be floating it off the bottom or just let it sit on the bottom. I am not adverse to using worms, I live fishing and if it helps me to catch on I will use it. Plus because my son comes with me most times he uses worms almost every time, probably the reason he out fishes me.

You got the spot too. I will give it a try with the spinner. Thank you. Hope you don't mind but what color pattern produces best for you.

Ive gotten most of my trout on the purpleish head and blade, yellow hook skirting.

If we are talking about the same marina, the water is way too slow for bottom bouncing, ice fishing there around the 1st set of docks is killer, hope to see you at safe ice!!

Thanks Blair, should I be floating it off the bottom or just let it sit on the bottom. I am not adverse to using worms, I live fishing and if it helps me to catch on I will use it. Plus because my son comes with me most times he uses worms almost every time, probably the reason he out fishes me.

You can certainly do both.

I'm real OLD SCHOOL with putting everything on the bottom (no float).

Depends what it is like down there at the marina. Most of the heavy weeds would be Dead this time of year.

I like to attach a little Styrofoam ball right by the hook to float the worm up a bit.

*You can get a whole bag of the white ones (different sizes - micro, like roe bag floaters up to dime size) at the dollar store.

I use these when I'm "Free Lining for Carp" on the surface as well.

The "Floater" nutralises the split shot weight (that helps me cast out), yet still allows my bait to float on the surface.

Archived