NFN Getaway

Guest fishstick

NFN Getaway Date....When?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What date is better for you for an NFN Getaway?

• The weekend of August 17-19
    • The weekend of August 24-26
    • Other weekend...explain below.

Guest fishstick

I had brought this up last year about a weekend getaway for some fishing, camping style. With Doc gone up to Algonquin this weekend....it got the wheels spinning again. :Gonefishing:

Was thinking of the 3rd weekend in August. I'll be taking at least either the Friday or the Monday....or both off. Somewhere not too far, ie: Sibbald Point on Simcoe, Serpent Mounds on Rice Lake, or anywhere I'm not aware of that might be closer for the non-distance driver.

Roughing it in a tent, canoes, tinnies or whatever it takes to get you to float so you're not stuck onshore would be great.

I'd like a little feedback if anyone is interested. This will happen folks, and hopefully it will be the start of many outings to come in the years ahead.

Anyone from the board is invited, young or old, guy or girl....doesn't matter.

Thanx.

;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like fun. I would be bringing my daughter along, and one of her friends, not leaving a teenager

home alone :Gonefishing:

The only possible snag is our dog was bred a while back and is due sometime in Aug.

Good idea Dan.

Jack must be away at his trailer but I bet he would be happy to host something at his place on Moira. Good fishin and lots of fun there, plus they aren't sticklers for noise there like they are at the PP's. Oh yeah...a shot at a big ole Musky if the force is with you :D

Guest fishstick

Nice to see some interest in this idea. I know everyone won't jump aboard, or they already have plans....but that's okay. The swill is still growing slowly, so I don't expect a tonne of replies to this.

As for going up to a posters trailer....ixnay on that idea. I'd rather this be in a PP where, "if" anyone happens to have a bad day or too much partying, there won't be a scene on someone elses property. Just better that way.

Hopefully we'll get a few more who are interested. Maybe after a few years, there may be a steady group going every year. Something to look forward to.

Ya gotta start somewhere.... :angry2:

Guest fishstick

Maybe I'll see if this one can get moved to the fishing thread, since it does pertain to fishing, and some posters aren't interested in the non-fishing thread.

More traffic.

sounds like a blast, but sad to say...weekends are out for me, wife works every weekend,I work some weekends,any trips I make are gearing toward weekdays this year around my work schedule for the summer, and the out of town fishing is generally going to be at my camp,gotta use it as much as I can..lol

18th and 25th weekends are out for me since that is the cottage week for me and the wife and kids. 11th, 12th weekend would work though.

jjcanoe

Guest fishstick

Well folks....I haven't been saying much about it, due to expecting an onslaught of ideal locations from you all.

SO....

We'll make it Sibbald Point PP, at the bottom of Lake Simcoe.

http://www.ontarioparks.ca/english/spacer.gif

Not too far....and good fishing year round.

And NO....this will not be changing. It is way too hard to accommodate everyone. If not this year, then the next one. Just like the swills.

Hope you can all make it. I will be calling about available sites by the end of next week, so it would be nice to get some sort of headcount, or we can always book your own....mind you, we may be miles from eachother.

CLIFF PLUMMER.....YOU SAID YOU'D MAKE THIS TRIP, SO DON'T LET ME DOWN....!!!!

And this thread isn't about Cliff, so everyone keep their comments to themselves thank you very much!!!

:angry2:

My two cents - It's a great idea! As much as the swills are a great way to get to know each other, a trip like this puts everyone in their element - fishing - that's what it's all about. That, and a great family getaway as well. So, whoever can make it the weekend Fishstick suggested, do it! Fingers crossed that the weather co-operates - even if it doesn't, oh, well!

Is there a date set?? It sounds like there is but I cant find it anywhere.

3rd weekend in August as stated in the first post. I'm assuming it will start Friday evening the 17th.

Guest fishstick

Here's the dilemma....it either starts on the 17th or the 24th of August. The 24th is still the last weekend before Labour Day. Rick, if you can post a poll for this, that would be great. I've tried but to no avail. Can you post it in the same thread? Don't want 2-4 different threads about the trip, then we'll be more confused than we are now.

If you want to bring your kids, by all means do so....if not, then this could turn into one big party full of anglers.

I just need a weekend away to camp and fish, and since there has been NO SWILL RICK, since before Christmas....I think that most of us are due for some sort of get-together.

So....without babbling too much longer, I suggest that we try to put our collective heads together and come up with a date which would suit most NFN'ers best.

And yes, if we can book a few sites together, what better time than to hang a banner between the trees.

Thanx for the interest folks, and we WILL get this done.

Note: alcohol is not permitted ONLY on Victoria and Labour Days. So bring more than you can handle, because the bootleggers in the area aren't cheap. :angry2:

Over and out....

Dano.

Has anyone talked to Doc? I thought he'd be all over this one....

Suggestion: Not have it the weekend before a long one.

I have many Questions, which I was going to pm, but thought others many want to know some of the answers:

1) What does it cost to camp there?

2) Can you bring a dog?

3) Are there showers with electricity?

4) Please explain the beer thing again – just slower.

And count me in.

Guess that’s it.

The weekend of the 17-18 etc is good because it's in the middle of august after the Civic Holiday & before Labour day. Kind of like NFN's own stat weekend. :rolleyes:

Yep, fanggo, I agree, showers & electricity are ladies necessities.....no Grizzly Adams looks for us! :Gonefishing:

Archived