NFN Getaway

Guest fishstick

NFN Getaway Date....When?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What date is better for you for an NFN Getaway?

• The weekend of August 17-19
    • The weekend of August 24-26
    • Other weekend...explain below.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there is a story there somewhere Lorna I'm sure. :Gonefishing:

Hey look everyone, there's a poll at the top of this thread about the weekend getaway. Where did that come from? :rolleyes::mellow:

There are shower houses with electricity. I may be wrong about this but I don't think there is running water at any of the sites. The beach there is beautiful and the water warm. It is a provincial park so noise after 11 with definitely NOT be tolerated.

Prices here:

http://www.parkreports.com/fees/fees.php

Dogs are allowed for sure

And the Beer thing is this...a longer way to get where Tequila will take you in about five minutes :Gonefishing:

Guest fishstick

Okay all who are interested....here's the skinny on things....

AUGUST 17TH - AUGUST 20TH.

As for pricing, I linked you to the website in a previous post, all the info should be there....price, pets, showers, electricity for your hairdryers, curling irons, etc....

This seems to be the best weekend, only because it starts the day after my B'day. :D

I'm leaving at about 5am Friday morning, because I think the checkout time is usually about 11am on Sunday. And I hate driving distances unless I can stay and enjoy myself.

Stop for a long lunch, and not have to deal with the traffic Niagara bound on the way home.

Be home by dinnertime....unless I decide to come back Monday. :lol:

So....Friday August 17th - Monday the 20th.

Someone has to step up to the plate, and there you have it.

So here's the list of members who have committed so far. Please feel free to add or subtract to it at will.

1) Sticky

2) Yours Truly :lol:

3) Knightfisher

4) Fango

5) RJR

6) Hellfish

7) Cplummer

8) Flywire

9) Queeny

10) Pope

I'll probably be heading up early to mid Friday and returning later Sunday and I have room for a few butts in the truck if anyone needs a lift. car-smiley-003.gif

Also, is Sibbald point provincial park the final answer? I did a Google and it looks like a nice place to go, but it seems like much more of a swimming, hiking type of park as not much was mentioned of fishing on the web sites I visited. Can someone enlighten me as I was planning on bringing the boat.

Guest fishstick

Rick....if you look at the map, they do have a boat launch there for anyone bringing one. I'm use to shore fishing, so I can always find a spot. Besides, I wouldn't mind hanging out at the campsite and just chilling either. It's a weekend away afterall....

Guest fishstick

I just checked out the whole park, and I think our best bet would be East Campground A or B. Bottom right corner on map, and just to the left of it.

http://www.camis.com/OP/camping/maps.asp?loc=15

Other than that, most other sites are booked, or you'll be sleeping inbetween 32 foot trailers.

Non electric unfortunately, but away from those stupid radiofree zones.

Guest fishstick

It works out to be about $95 for a 3 night stay with a single tent site.

Might be better to pick a few sites where we can put 2-3 tents up on each one.

$100 for 3 nights of sleeping in the bush seems a little steep. My backyard won't cost a dime.

:lol:

It works out to be about $95 for a 3 night stay with a single tent site.

Might be better to pick a few sites where we can put 2-3 tents up on each one.

$100 for 3 nights of sleeping in the bush seems a little steep. My backyard won't cost a dime.

:D

Your backyard is probably closer to electricity, too. :lol:

Archived