NFN Getaway

Guest fishstick

NFN Getaway Date....When?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What date is better for you for an NFN Getaway?

• The weekend of August 17-19
    • The weekend of August 24-26
    • Other weekend...explain below.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fishstick

Since nobody has since written a serious post lately pertaining to this trip....I'll assume that the intentions were good, but nobody is serious about it.

Can't say I tried, just like the swills folks. Always a great time, but, times and peoples lives do change.

Seems like the interest is there, but it always seems to lack in the motivation department.

If anyone is serious about going away for that weekend, shoot me a PM. I've given up on being a cheerleader.

And as someone had mentioned in another thread earlier....maybe it was the swills and get-togethers that messed things up........absolutely not.

It's what brought this group together at one time or another.

Granted, nothing ever stays the same, but it doesn't hurt to try to keep a good thing going. :Gonefishing:

What did I miss? I haven't seen anything here that would indicate that the get together is called off, I know I have it marked on my calender and still plan on making the drive if the others are. :Gonefishing: It's not that far to go and it looks like a relaxing place, so speak up folks, is it still a go?

Guest fishstick

I didn't say it was cancelled folks....but I mentioned the options about pricing, and possibly sharing a site or two to cut down on costs, the best and most available locations in the park....and nobody had anything to say. So I just thought the interest was lost.... B)

There's only 3 weeks until this thing, and campsites won't last that long.

So....

Guest fishstick

One more thing....those who are interested, we can hook up for a few pops either Friday or Saturday night to discuss this.

You have 24 hours from now to comply. B)

9:15pm Wednesday is the cutoff time.

Who wants to share a site?

A SITE.....NOT A TENT....buncha wierdos!!!!!

:D

I’m totally confused. I have been in from the start.

Don’t know anything about the location so I could not comment on the site. I don’t care what site is chosen. But YES Dan I will go in on your site and share the cost. I think you said 2-3 tents on each site. Perhaps if you would like me to help and book three sites together on my card which would translate to at best 9 tents, I can do so.

Hope that helps. I don’t know if I can come out to a meeting so I believe if we just book the sites and then know the location and costs then others will be more informed from NFN.

Last time I checked it read:

So here's the list of members who have committed so far. Please feel free to add or subtract to it at will.

1) Sticky

2) Yours Truly

3) Knightfisher

4) Fango

5) RJR

6) Hellfish

7) Cplummer

8) Flywire

9) Queeny

10) Pope

Sure hope I didn’t complicate things for you. Just trying to help get this going. I can’t wait. I need to get away and see you guys again.

Send me a PM with the information to make the confirmation as soon as you can.

Thanks

I will not be able to attend the meeting this weekend because I awill be away camping. Just keep me informed and I plan on coming that weekend also. Btw fango as I understand it you are only allowed to book one site per name at a prov. park. So everyone will have to decide who is sharing sites and book accordingly.

Guest fishstick

Thanx for the offer Ingrid, but this is my dilemma. My card doesn't have enough on it to book a site, that is why I thought if anyone wants to book a site with 1-3 tents and put it on their card, I can drop off my share by Thursday night.

My truck was smucked in a parking lot on Sunday, and it's in the repair shop as we speak. The lady was kind enough to stick around and offered to pay for the damages....talk about lucky. I won't be getting it back until Thursday night.

I'm really pumped about this trip, and I think we'll all have as blast.

I did note earlier, I think on the 3rd page of this thread, that Campground "D" was our best bet. If you access the website, and check it out, there are lots of available sites for tents, non-electric, but close to washrooms with showers. All other available sites are within 18-32 ft trailers. :D

Fri, Sat, Sun is fine with me....but I still want to leave early Fri morning.

If you who can attend, want to get together for a few pops Sat night....either Somebuddys located at the corner of Thorold Stone Rd and Kalar in the Falls....or there is a pub right by Docs in the Zellers plaza at the corner of Dorchester and Morrison in the Falls, right behind the Timmies.

Doc....help me out here.... B)

I'll check in later tonight.... :blush:

Thanx for the offer Ingrid, but this is my dilemma. My card doesn't have enough on it to book a site, that is why I thought if anyone wants to book a site with 1-3 tents and put it on their card, I can drop off my share by Thursday night.

My truck was smucked in a parking lot on Sunday, and it's in the repair shop as we speak. The lady was kind enough to stick around and offered to pay for the damages....talk about lucky. I won't be getting it back until Thursday night.

I'm really pumped about this trip, and I think we'll all have as blast.

I did note earlier, I think on the 3rd page of this thread, that Campground "D" was our best bet. If you access the website, and check it out, there are lots of available sites for tents, non-electric, but close to washrooms with showers. All other available sites are within 18-32 ft trailers. :(

Fri, Sat, Sun is fine with me....but I still want to leave early Fri morning.

If you who can attend, want to get together for a few pops Sat night....either Somebuddys located at the corner of Thorold Stone Rd and Kalar in the Falls....or there is a pub right by Docs in the Zellers plaza at the corner of Dorchester and Morrison in the Falls, right behind the Timmies.

Doc....help me out here.... :blush:

I'll check in later tonight.... :D

Either bar is fine. Or, we meet at my place and all chip in on cases of beer.

Sorry guys I've been away for a few days. I'm in for sure and I may or may not bring my wife and girls. Another consideration is how many boats will be available, rentals could be scarce and expensive.

there is a pub right by Docs in the Zellers plaza at the corner of Dorchester and Morrison in the Falls, right behind the Timmies.

If we go there, it's guaranteed we'll be the oldest guys who ever walked through those doors. :blush:

Somebuddies is a good choice. Good wings too.

Guest fishstick

Personally, I could care less about who is bringing a boat or not....or, if there is one at all that comes for the ride. This is a weekend away with a few friends to have some much needed fun.

Everyones life can be hectic at times, and we all need a break sooner or later.

If need be, I'll float on a tube if I have to, or drive 20 minutes away to rent a boat....makes no difference to me either way.

A weekend away, is better than the same ol' routine day after day.

:(

So....about your maps Doc?

:blush:

Would you say that campground "D" is our best bet?

Personally, I could care less about who is bringing a boat or not....or, if there is one at all that comes for the ride. This is a weekend away with a few friends to have some much needed fun.

Everyones life can be hectic at times, and we all need a break sooner or later.

If need be, I'll float on a tube if I have to, or drive 20 minutes away to rent a boat....makes no difference to me either way.

A weekend away, is better than the same ol' routine day after day.

So....about your maps Doc?

:blush:

Would you say that campground "D" is our best bet?

It really depends on what areas are tree covered

If we go there, it's guaranteed we'll be the oldest guys who ever walked through those doors. :blush:

Maybe we will get a senior discount. :( Seriously, a weekend away fishing or whatever is the best medicine anyone could ask for.

Guest fishstick

Rick....if you want trees, then Sibbald is not the place if you are tenting it. Those prime spots are for the folks who have trailers, or who are in the "radio-free zone". :blush:

Algonquin is your best bet, or there is Valens just outside of Flamborough....or Dan, aka (knightfisher) suggested a place on Lake Huron that he says, has great fishing and a really wicked sunset on a superb beach. Hope he reads this so he can tell us more....

Guess it depends what you are looking for..... :D

His idea sounds good to me, but then again....how many here would be willing to drive 2 and 3/4 hours to get there?

Me. :lol:

Tough thing about setting up a get-together of any sort, is once you bring up an idea....people start to get picky about things.

Either you are interested in the initial idea....or you aren't.

This isn't directed towards anyone and their thoughts, but if we take everything into consideration....we won't go camping until 2009.

Larry says....."Let's git 'er done"

Archived