NFN Getaway

Guest fishstick

NFN Getaway Date....When?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What date is better for you for an NFN Getaway?

• The weekend of August 17-19
    • The weekend of August 24-26
    • Other weekend...explain below.

Guest fishstick

Actually....I would like to try and please all, but I'd be wasting my time.

I set this up, and this is the way that it will be....

Sibbald Point the weekend as mentioned.

No more and's, if's or but's....it is what it is.

Hope to see you there folks.

Book in campground "D".

:blush:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, you guys got over 1200 views, not bad :D .

I was looking up rates for tent sites at the park where my trailer is..man I didn't realize that the regular tent sites where kinda steep :lol: .

Unserviced is like 27 bucks a night and serviced is like pushing 40...hmmm???

Was gonna maybe recommend that,its over a 150 acre park, there is a pool, beach, boat launch, you can dock or pull your boat up at the beach,shower,laundry, washroom facilities, it's the kind of park where as long as you aren't being an idiot, they don't care if you are out having a few wobblies by the fire at like 2-3 in the morning ect. only downfall is the tent sites are kinda lame, there is one area that is by the beach...not in the bush that is an open area they would let you all camp there so all the tents could make your own little tent city for the trip. The fishin sucks though :(:P:lol::blush:

man I didn't realize how expensive tent camping is getting...wow, been a while since I did that,funny cuz it's only like 13 bucks I think all together for a carload/guest pass for the day for any visitors you might have staying at your trailer.

Sounds like it could be fun, but can't do weekends right now.

Guest fishstick

Doc....I know you have mentioned that you have maps and a satellite shot of the park....is there anyway that you can post a link for everyone interested?

Somebuddys <--- correct spelling....corner of Thorold Stone Road and Kalar Road, Niagara Falls.

There is only that and a convenience store on the one corner, nothing on the other three. If you miss it.... :(

Saturday at 8pm.....for the time being....

AND NO THONGS ALLOWED!!!!!!

:blush:

Fishstick, According to my map of Sibbald pte. pro. park it shows campground "D" as a radio free zone and it also has hydro. I think you are referring to campground "a or b". These two are in the bottom right hand corner of the map.

Guest fishstick
I'm gonna try and swing by the meeting Dan. :Gonefishing:

Jamie....it would be a pleasure to have you join in. An angler with so much knowledge who is overlooked by some.

Shame.... B)

Love to have you make the trip bro'. I could care less about who brings a boat, this is just a way to have a get-together and enjoy a weekend away.

Please join in. :rolleyes:

RJR....I've looked at that site so many times, that it has gotten to the point where I can't remember whether it is D, A, B or Z.... ;)

If you look at the really sad map of the park....it's the lower right corner that has alot of little red dots available.

God I wish it was this weekend.....

Somebuddys....corner of Thorold Stone Road and Kalar Road....Niagara Falls, Saturday 8pm. If you cannot attend, please send me a PM. I'd rather you have a reason than not showing and leaving me feel like you are not interested.

Thanx a bunch folks.

Dano

Guest fishstick

Tonight.....8pm......Somebuddys.....Thorold Stone Rd and Kalar Rd....Niagara Falls

Even if you have no interest in this trip, but you'd like to come out for a drink and some wings, anyone is more than welcome to join in.

See you there.....

:)

Default Secretary

Minutes of NFN Getaway - Held this evening in NF

Due to the varied and complicated dialogue that went on this evening I will only post the most active discussions.

Rick: Yes, please, another round for everyone.

Lorna: So what is the price of tea in China?

Rick: Hello? We would like another round here.

Paul: I would like to see more trees on the sights.

Dan: Trees?

Buttons: TREES?

Rick: Where the %, oh, HELLO, could we get another round please?

Crock O. Schitt: Trees? What was the price of the tea?

Rick: Who was it that lived close to this place?

More posts to come: Sorry I couldn’t make it.

Guest fishstick

Not much to say since there were only 4 of us.... :Gonefishing:

Lorna, Paul, Rick and myself looked at printouts that Doc had provided, and came to the conclusion that the trip was still a "go", and that nothing has really changed other than what has been posted.

Nice evening out with friends is always a bonus, and the wings hit the spot.

Book yer site soon.....should be quite the weekend. :(

Remember camping in your late teens or early 20's and just getting stupid....well, you're only young once, but you can at least try to relive those memories numeruos time....can't you?

-_-

Hey Rick.....leave the monkey at home..... :angry:

The monkey go's where I go. :Gonefishing:

Good to see you guys tonight, it was fun. Hopefully everyone that has said they are going are still on board. I think within the next week a roll call will have to be made and reservations booked so this thing can be finalized.

Uh, the monkey gets his own tent. There's no two ways about it. That's the only way he's coming on the trip.

Oh, fanggo: it was mostly monkey talk. Not much else. Yeah, the wings were good, seeing Dan and Rick & doc was just a bonus.

Uh, the monkey gets his own tent. There's no two ways about it. That's the only way he's coming on the trip.

Leave me and my monkey alone. speechless-smiley-038.gif

I just got back from camping and I see not much has changed no one has offically booked a site yet. I think we should pick an area and book a site and every body else Quickly book their own before we can"t get a bunch of them together. Just my 2 cents worth. C"mon lets make this happen.

Ok guys, here's the latest poop on this little gathering;

It's happening!!! :blink: The four of us that were at Somebuddys the other night are all going for sure. This includes Queen Froda, Doc Feelgood, Fishstick and myself. The others on the list that showed interest were all just sent a PM about it so I'm hoping everyone can attend. So far one site that can fit three tents has been booked and there are several other one and three tent sites in the same area that are still available so it's best if we get everyone booked soon so we can lock up this area.

The arrival date we have booked is Friday August 17 and we have it for two nights. If anyone else wants to jump on board please do as the more the merrier. There are no plans other then having a few laughs, lots of relaxing and possibly getting in some fishing on Lake Simcoe as well.

The ball is rolling folks, lets GET ER DONE!!! :Gonefishing:

I hope everyone that is planning on going this weekend has already booked their site. I just checked out the area we chose and it looks to be all booked now. Bring on the weekend!!

Archived