Letter to The Editor

Guest canadadude

In order to beat a lobby interest, you have to have a bigger lobby interest. OFAH, its members and interested parties just have to keep on lobbying and petitioning with votes and dollars. Our part is to ensure that our politicians know our mind on the issue. Hunters debating with PETA is like having a reasonable discussion between the Christian right and Hesbollah.

Hunters debating with PETA is like having a reasonable discussion between the Christian right and Hesbollah.

:)

Talked to Greg Farrant yesterday (OFAH political rep). Greg assured me that Bill C-373 is going nowhere. Apparently these activist are so insistent that they are insulting and make allot of enemies in the house also. 373 isn't even on the list for debate yet.

However S-213 has already been debated, passed second reading and all indications say that the Government will support this Bill into law. The Senate likely won't hold it up like the other controversial laws. The only thing that can stop it now is a Minority Government falling :D . This had better not happen.

In short Gary told me if the Government isn't taken down or Prorogued (Reset) this Bill will pass and we won't have do talk about animal cruelty legislation for another 100 years :dunno: .

I still intend to expose the SPCA's tactics though. If they do not fight a fair fight, I'll be there to point it out. Likewise for the poacher. I strongly recommend sticking to the regs and calling in the poachers. Lets keep our bad apples out of the woods and the news!

Dan

There are 700+ members here to pressure local MP's. Our votes have value, but only if noticed from time to timeby the politicians. You did your ppart quite well Dan. Thank you. :Gonefishing:

Archived