No deer yet

Dan Andrews

Guest canadadude

Hey Dan....don't feel bad for harvesting the small Buck, it's somtimes good for the population to get rid of smaller bucks; I mean your a deer hunter and we all know we want the predominant buck to breed, I mean thats the theroy we all hunt on!!!! The thing is we have so many Does and so many Bucks in the area that I think taking the smaller bucks is more enviromentally freindly to our area!! My thought is that over the years the population of deer has exploded, and to harvest the non doniment Bucks is probably a good thing to keep the population in check and also keep a good blood line going!! Besides the little buggers taste great :lol::lol:

Guest canadadude

On a side note Dan my buddy bagged 2 sweet 8 pointers on thursday...........your right they were rutting like crazy, ......hey don't give up the rut in the first of December can be just as crazy!!!!! Trust me on this, the does that didn't have fun will be looking for 28 days from Nov 15, give or take a couple days, not much though!!! The late rut action can be better an ussually is then whats going on now, :lol:

Archived