Fishing Diary

bigugli

I had one from 2007, I think they like to have them back by like Dec 1st..I got mine in January last year

you can contact Bree Wilson,Restoration Program Assistant (905) 7888-3135 ext257 or email bwilson@conservation-niagara.on.ca

or the NPCA- npca@conservation-niagara.on.ca

NPCA is again issuing fishing diaries. These are a great way to help with the management of our local fisheries by simply keeping a record of your catches on specific bodies of water. This year there are diaries for the Welland R. and Twelve Mile Creek. There is a new contact person, but same ph# as posted above.

they also want reports on the general conditon of the area...what you set out to catch...what you actually caught, if you got skunked ect, so they can help the biologists keep tabs on the diversity or lack there of in areas and things like that as well, and some data that may help them pertaining to local areas thatare stocked and such too....there is a spot in the booklet for additional notes in your log.

I'll send an e-mail off, and if Martindale is part of it, I will do what I can to assist.

Twelve Mile Creek Watershed cover from the headwaters below Morningstar Mill right down to Port. I have extra copies being sent to me to accomodate local anglers and SCG&F members. I'll save you one.

new contact person is Kerry McCauley

Restoration program assistant

905-788-3135 ext-257

kmccauley@conservation-niagara.on.ca

just got a thing in the mail today asking if I wanted a 2008 diary :Gonefishing:

Twelve Mile Creek Watershed cover from the headwaters below Morningstar Mill right down to Port. I have extra copies being sent to me to accomodate local anglers and SCG&F members. I'll save you one.

Thanks Bruce. Let me know when they are in.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got more copies of the 12 mile Creek diary.

The study covers a very large area. Included are all waters that flow into 12 Mile.

That includes L. Gibson, St. John"s, Effingham, Shorthills, Richardson'sCreek, etc... The information collected, or not collected, will be used to establish a fisheries management plan. If you fish these waters your input is needed.

At season's end there is a draw prize chosen from the diaries turned in.

Valerie will have a few of those pages filled out.

Sometimes she gets into 20-30 pan fish in an evening

on Gibson.

Thanks Bruce.

:lol:

You guys are welcome any time. :lol:

anyone who doesn't have a diary yet that sent out for one should get them any time...i just got my one for the Welland River watershed a few days ago

Rob, I fish lots of that watershed over the years depends on what I am fishing for at different times of year, fish some of the areas you and your Dad do as well

oh i dont like the upper part of the river from the boat i hate the maze of sunken logs and all that i like the lower and dont mind the middle section

it's not that bad with a bit of experience in some parts,and some great fishing too

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little bump. I have a new supply of 12 Mile Creek diaries in. Our input is needed to establish a watershed management plan, especially if we want our interests recognized.

Archived