Charles Daly Park

ninepointer

What sort of fishing is to be had at Charles Daley Park? Any shore fishing for rainbows in the spring?

Post this in the Forum 9 pter.......you will get more answers there . And . yes good shore fishing for bows & browns .

Charles Daley used to have great trout and salmon runs before the sand bars plugged up. Most fishing now is for silvers and coarse fish and big carp.

I used to do a bit of stationary bottom (surf) fishing for bows from the beaches in the Collingwood area. We used rod stands, big egg sinkers and floating roe bags. Anyone do that around here?

I've seen them surf fishing up there 9ptr & know they do well on the bows using roe & egg sinkers . I would prefer to use a float & let the bag move around just off the bottom , but getting the bag out there far enough could be a prob ......chest waders could help ! At CDP both spoons or hard body lures can catch trout . I have fished from the big bolders west of the beach & the beach also where the bottom is pebbles & sand . The pond can be good too if your after pannies & the odd pike ,carp or bowfin etc .

Used to fish CD park a lot. There are trout to be caught surfing or casting in the spring off the sand bars. Long rod and a heavy spoon always worked best for me. Had my PB largie out of there until a few years ago.

jjcanoe

ninepointer .... wuz that surf fishing down by indian brook ? or close by

we use that tech. down here quite a bit ourselves. works the same every where :)

That was one of the spots :rolleyes:

I've only seen people surf fishing a few times down there. I've always been on the pond or the streams. Before things silted up there were good trout and salmon runs. Hundreds of fish bottlenecked just before the bridges.

If you can time it right, smelt and big shad will run along the beach and along the beach by the beacon.

Now, if you're in the park after dark you can be charged with trespass.

things have changed there for sure i remember when i was younger around 8 in the spring to almost end of summer you couldnt get to the back side of the pond because the water was just ripping through the beach area and now your lucky to see a trickle of water run through the pond unless they cut a channel which they dont do to offten and on top of that everyone one started fishing those small little ponds so much and keeping everything they can catch the fishing has really been hurt from that such small ponds cant handle 50 people keeping everything they cath everyday of the week its such a shame use to be great

the ponds on the other side of the highway are still fantastic for catfish carp and bass if you have a small boat they are even better

• 2 months later...
Ive only seen carp and catfish.

Depends where you fish BassMike ......the pond has a big variety of fish like crappie , large & small mouth bass , dogfish (bowfin) , pike , sunfish & gills , sheepshead,perch, & catfish & carp . The lake side has also most of these fish plus trout in the spring .

Archived