walleye/pike opener in May

jwl

Curious to see how many people have any trips planned for the middle of may when walleye/pike will be open in most FmZones.

I think it is neat to see some times all the different areas people like to fish this time of year, and plans they have for camping..openning up cottages ect for the kick off to the warm weather fishing season.

Myself as usual, will be going up to my trailer in Madoc with the wife and kids...do a check up on how everything faired over the winter, do the usual spring puttering around, and start stocking up some essentials for camps, like filling the fridge with everything that goes on food, and start to stock the cupboards for the season of non-perishables. Then of course get to the outdoor stuff..pick up a load of wood to top off the pile to begin the years festivities, groom up my lot a little bit, put my dock in the water...put my 14 foot tinner in and get the ole 9.9 fired up, and hit up a few pof my favorite walleye/pike holes on the lake to give it a go to start my fishing season there off with.

I always love this time of year, and my littlest daughter will be so excited to go she has been bugging for weeks and weeks to be able to start doing spring time stuff..one of the many questions lately has been "Can we go to the trailer????...When are we going to go to the trailer???, I think I forgot what our trailer looks like....I love the trailer more than our "real" home"

That's my girl :D:dunno:

3rd weekend in May..............Moira...............Can't wait.................JHM

gonna be there any week days during that time Jeff??? if so let me know, I can't go on the Saturday's cuz I have to work, I am wrapping up my work project then with the government at the passport offices, and I gotta do the work on Saturdays when they are closed. probably heading up on the Sunday perhaps, pending the wife's work schedule might be late and staying for a couple days during the week for my trips up in May. Should be a blast :dunno:

If ya see my boat on the bank or at my dock(pending if I go fishing or put my dock in first :D )pull up by my place and give a holler, or if ya see my car in my driveway and no boat, I am out on the lake :o will be fishing the rivermouth area, just out from my camp, or by that big grey place :o

Hey JR , I hope to be at our trailer for opening depending on weather etc. Being retired is an advantage if the weather is bad , we can wait a few days and go up after the weekend . We are only 45 minutes away from your camp ........if the fishing is good...... :D:dunno:

Heading to Shining Tree, May 20th to the 26th. Torpedo sized pike, tasty pickerel and super scrappy smallies...... Did I mention the torpedo sized pike???? It's an 8 to 8-1/2 hour drive from Waterloo, but unbelieveably worth it.

:blink:

No plans for the opener but will be doing a week long trip mid July to Rice Lake...Never been there and want to give it a try...Gonna rent a cottage and boat for the week and do nothing but fishing...Anybody ever rent up there? Looking for a clean, fairly modern place to stay as the wife will be coming with me and it has to be up to her standards :blink: If anyone knows of some good places to stay PM me please

goin to open the camp on diamond lake at ice out for lakers and gaters, then back for the walleye opener. Lets hope the walleye are bigger then the blackflies

mid may is brookie time.. a bit of spinning a lot of flyfishing...

ya I know, wish I could go withg you guys but I am booked for work now as of today for the Thurs right through to the Sunday :blink:

Hi Guys: Yeah, my wife and I will be making our second trip to the Trenton Walleye Tournament the 3rd. and 4th. of May. We both had a great time last year, and hope to do better this time around. Always high hopes, it just keeps me going. Picked up a few tricks along the way, and will see how they work out. Will post results when we get back.

Rob

Guest Stu Pedasso

Been so busy at work that I missed this thread. I can't wait for the long weekend :)

I've been going to a place called beaver lake near Kaladar since '99. Last year I took my wife and daughter for the first time (some obvious pros and cons there). My daughter caught her first fish (a 2 lb smallie, that was sadly OOS but doesn't make me less proud), she was 2 then and hasn't stopped asking when we're going back. A great little lake to troll for pike or drift chubs for walleye in.

So back to Erinsville we go. Sounds like the small resort is downsizing so not sure how many more times we'll be going there :(

Heading to quinte as well for opener, staying at perfect vue resort, with a few other members from the site should be a blast, fishing drinking,fishing,drinking, ohh how will we manage !!LOL

Archived