Photo Contest

There is no prize here. Simply add your nature photo to the thread and at the end of June I'll consult with the admins and mods and single out 10 of the best pictures. We'll then create a poll so everyone can vote and after a week we'll have our winner! :worthy:

Got pictures and don't know how to post them? Go to the help forum

Pictures to add: plants, animals, fish, birds, water, fire, rocks, etc

"Enter only one picture". If you think you've been outdone and can do better, simply edit your post and insert your new picture. Include a description or story with your post if you like. One June 30 around midnight, the thread will be locked until we decide the finalists. We'll then create the poll in a new thread.

Pictures will be judged on clarity, rarity, setting (background), orriginality and overall photo skills.

"Please only submit photos taken with your own camera (by you) and do not enter your copyrighted photos" as they may get used in the slide show you see on every page. All additional posts other than your one photo entry will be deleted to prevent the thread from becoming too big.

Sorry, mods and admins can't enter.

Now get outside and take some pictures B)

Contestant #1 took this picture in the back yard . These poppies don't last long in the heat & with the wind blowing non stop !.........The colour is brilliant & I like the contrasting greens .....one of my fav. shots every year !

BTW Dan .... Should the date be in the pics ?

pop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well after much discussion a concenses has been reached. Congratulations PickeralHunter!

100_1264.jpg

It was close with a 3 way tie until the last vote finally came in and chose the winner. Some of us are a sucker for sunsets it was put. Smerch was a close second based on quality.

Thank you Tom Chopin for offering a prize but I decided to leave it prize free as to avoid over competitiveness :Gonefishing: but obviously with only 5 entries over the better part of the month that wasn't a problem.

Thank you to everyone who entered a picture. If you would like to do this again in August let me know what format should be used like rules, prizes, who can enter and should it be up for discussion or multiple entries and we'll get one up.

Thread open for discussion now. Lets see some more pictures anyway :dunno:

how about this one Dan???

323926219.jpg

a Luna Moth that I saved from floating on top of the lake a couple days ago, happy to say that after a few pics and a couple minutes to dry off, it flew away!!!

does anyone know how I can enlarge and crop the pic I have of the 4 Woodland Elk I saw the other day?????..no good zoom on my camera so they look pretty far away in the pic

Archived