Fishing Regulations

Dan Andrews

• 1 year later...
Guest Rockfish

I see that they have the Fish Identification Chart online but it hasn't been in the printed books since the '05 - '06 regs book.

What up with that anyway, saving 3 pages of paper ? Guess I'll have to email them to find out.

They should have Fish Identification in print for some anglers who have some language barrier or are computer illiterate. It would save new anglers time trying to figure out what they caught while out fishing and if the fish were in season or not. :worthy:

I agree fully Rockfish. The G&F was supposed to try to put up a info center near the lighthouse in Port D with charts with fish species and seasons etc but we are still waiting for the City as they lease the land from the Feds. We were kind of hoping to pair up with the Chinese Anglers Association for an outreach program and have printed regs right at the info center (little billboard).

I try to explain to the intolerants that not everybody is well educated as we are here. The guys joining and participating in the forums have a passion for fishing and the money to have internet but not everyone is in the loop. It doesn't mean they are less ethical but that they just haven't had the message driven home and perhaps they didn't have Dad's like we did that fish :(

I agree fully Rockfish. The G&F was supposed to try to put up a info center near the lighthouse in Port D with charts with fish species and seasons etc but we are still waiting for the City as they lease the land from the Feds. We were kind of hoping to pair up with the Chinese Anglers Association for an outreach program and have printed regs right at the info center (little billboard).

I try to explain to the intolerants that not everybody is well educated as we are here. The guys joining and participating in the forums have a passion for fishing and the money to have internet but not everyone is in the loop. It doesn't mean they are less ethical but that they just haven't had the message driven home and perhaps they didn't have Dad's like we did that fish B)

Perhaps they did have dads that fish...but they fished for one reason and one reason only, FOOD. Some of these people may not understand conservation etc as they were taught the fish for food and not taught angling for sport, limits and conservation.

Just a thought. And not being racist as it can be people from any nation or geographic location where food (as we know it) is expensive (compared to salaries) and neither jobs nor money nor reasonably priced groceries are available.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well the website calls it the 2011 summary of the regs but it's the exact same file and it still says 2010 on the pages. I take it nothing has changed but remember to always check this page for variation orders.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/273315.html

• 11 months later...

2012 Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary

OR, download all sections listed above as one file (PDF, 27 mb)

Doesn't look like too much has changed from last year...thanks for the post though!

I PERSONALLY wish they would have:

REDUCED Catch Limits in zone 16&17!

Catch & Release is the SOLUTION to our "pressured areas".

I hope more fishermen take this up in 2012.

• 1 month later...

in the regulations under section 16 under the heading rainbow trout, brown trout pacific salmon open all year it states:

Twelve Mile Creek (Zone 20) - City of St. Catherines between Lakeport Road and Lake Ontario

so from this description i believe it is a part of zone 20.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
There are some earlier posts in this thread about fish identification.. New York published an excellent guide earlier this year called "Salmon and Trout of

Lake Ontario - A Visual Identification Guide":

http://www.seagrant.sunysb.edu/glsportfish/pdfs/SalmonTrout-LakeOntario2012.pdf

Great guide. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I wouldnt trust anyone here. Call the CBSA.

Best being safe. I'd wager youd have to adbide by MNR regulations for quantity as the fish dont come with passports.

Archived