bass n walleye bucktails

Guest niagarariverpro

Guest niagarariverpro

Thought i would share a couple pics of my bucktail jigs i make for bassin and walleye..

Thanks to Rick cause this is taken with the camera i bought off him..

takes nice pics especially close ups and far aways....

323500020.jpg

323500040.jpg

323500003.jpg

cliff...

Guest niagarariverpro

nice eyes Jeff.. i figured they would get you into a few... the perch patterns always seems to turn them eyes on..

i'll tie you some more for your next trip...

cliff..

Hey cliff

I've picked up (snagged,bottom bouncing) some of your work (streamers) down at Queenston this past season lol ...noticed the pink thread :worthy:

I've never met you but a friend of mine Romeo who makes streamers also, says he knows you. Anyways you both do amazing work and hope to finally meet sometime

cheers

Black Jimmy

:worthy:

Guest niagarariverpro

Jeff.. they look well used and weathered.. lol .. either that or u stuck em in your pocket..

i was just testing my new camera for close ups... i'll take a few pics of my match the hatch flies

in size 28 see if the camera works with micro flies..

thanks for the comments guys ... i love using these bucktails for bass n eyes..

and always tie with high end hooks.. hate losing nice fish on cheap hooks!!!

cliff...

Guest canada

Tie them in Black/green or Black/green/ orange with black heads these seem to work best ripping on the Kawarthas also bullet head jigs are the ticket!! Just trying to help out if your looking to target the Kawartha walleye crowd :worthy: I would grab some off you but the 80 or so bucktails on my bench would get jealous :worthy:

Oh ya that perch pattern Jeff is using is sweet, nice job Cliff

Nice. I really like the Perch pattern that pickerel is holding onto. How would you compare fishing the bucktails vs fishing the various rubber tipped jigs (Twister Tails for example) for river walleye? And price comparison? Just curious.

cro

Nice. I really like the Perch pattern that pickerel is holding onto. How would you compare fishing the bucktails vs fishing the various rubber tipped jigs (Twister Tails for example) for river walleye? And price comparison? Just curious.

cro

Hey Cro.............The Bucktail jigs really shine in weedy conditions you don't need to tip it or anything..........Rip it threw the weeds and the walleye hammer it where a plastic baits will get pulled of your hook............Once you figure out how to fish them you'll love them...............And the perch pattern kicks axx............If there's no weeds just hop them across the bottom and you'll catch some walleye's............."Fish on" will soon have a episode on there website of rice lake walleye's and they'll so you how to work the Bucktail jigs..............it's more agressive than you think I'm sure............I have a copy of the episode if your from around here I could make you a copy ..........Plastic, Spinners and Bucktail jigs you should have all 3 in your tackle box...........Bucktail's are more money than plastic but it's another tool in your box and half a dozen Buckshots will last you awhile I'm sure..............I run braid so I usually can get my snags out...........JHM :Gonefishing:

Guest canada
So what do u think would work better in the river on smallies these or the maribou? Im thinking half a worm on the maribou.

I prefer maribou for smallies in the river with browns and blacks being my choice of colours no need to tip them just more or less drift them in the current breaks :Gonefishing:

"Fish on" will soon have a episode on there website of rice lake walleye's and they'll so you how to work the Bucktail jigs..............it's more agressive than you think I'm sure............I have a copy of the episode if your from around here I could make you a copy ..........Plastic, Spinners and Bucktail jigs you should have all 3 in your tackle box...........Bucktail's are more money than plastic but it's another tool in your box and half a dozen Buckshots will last you awhile I'm sure..............I run braid so I usually can get my snags out...........JHM :dunno:

What's the website for "Fish On"...I'm heading up to Rice Lake July 12...Never fished bucktails before but the guy at Pete's suggested them so I picked up a bunch...Now all I need to do is figure out how to use them and I'll own the fishies for a whole week :)

Cliff tied me up some awesome patterns toward the tail end of steelie fishin to try out for the summer, waiting on a few pics from someone else's camera. They are great jigs, and you can bet your best fishin hat they work!!! :dunno:

Guest canada
What's the website for "Fish On"...I'm heading up to Rice Lake July 12...Never fished bucktails before but the guy at Pete's suggested them so I picked up a bunch...Now all I need to do is figure out how to use them and I'll own the fishies for a whole week :Gonefishing:

There Killer on Rice perch,black/green, black/orange are my favorites. find the weedlines and either rip the jig through the weeds or drop them in the pockets the eyes will smoke them. Braid line and a stiffer 7' spinning rod works good don't be afraid to really snap that jig through the weed.

• 1 year later...

I was searching some stuff and came across this. Exactly what I was looking for. I have a question, need a reply asap. I bought a couple jigs (bucktails) like those. I found out where the holes are supposed to be (like above photos) , there is no hole, its just solid. Do i have to make a hole, or do i do something special?

I was searching some stuff and came across this. Exactly what I was looking for. I have a question, need a reply asap. I bought a couple jigs (bucktails) like those. I found out where the holes are supposed to be (like above photos) , there is no hole, its just solid. Do i have to make a hole, or do i do something special?

You just need to chip the paint away from the eye

Archived