Turkey Point Campground Shore Fishing

Guest Dave

New to the forum and I hope you guys can help.

I'm going to be heading to Turkey Point Provincial Park for a couple of days of camping and want to know whether shore fishing is a possibility there. Where are the good spots and does shore fishing at Turkey Point yield successful results or is a boat necessary for success?

I'm guessing baits like Gulp Alive, spoons and jigs are what is necessary. Thanks in advance for all your help.

- Dave

Dave.....I grew up at Turkey Point spending many summers there......fish the many boat channels for large mouth bass....they are quite weedy but if you find open spots throw a tube jig and hang on..... when you come down the big hill and face the lake/beach turn right and head straight on the main road until the last block and turn right then left....this is how you can reach some of the boat channels and shore fish........if you get a chance to get your hands on a boat go out from the marina and head south west and look for bait island.....not far maybe a mile or so and fish the weed beds around the area .....depth is only 8 to 10 feet....on a good day you could boat 40 to 50 bass....if you see a gorgeous blond named chris tell her I said hello!

Guest Rockfish

If you've never been to the Turkey Point PP, it's not right on the lake but the beach is just down the road, lots of swimming activity and partiers along the beach but u can find the fishing where ddjp said when u turn to the right at the beach.

The public pier at Port Rowan is also a good spot to try for big Largies. Renting a boat is the best way to get around in Long Point bay, Bass, Pike and lots of panfish.

It gets pretty weedy in the Bay towards Long Point, so weedless spoons would be the best, spinnerbaits, texas rigged plastics or a plain jig and inline spinners in between the weed pockets.

:Gonefishing:

There's a nice pond at the back of the Provincial park (furthest trail) that flows from the hatchery. Bring a camera, repellent and pant legs (poison Ivy). You'll need a small rod back there as its bushy. Top water baits are probably best because its shallow and weedy. The water is crystal clear in there.

There's a nice pond at the back of the Provincial park (furthest trail) that flows from the hatchery. Bring a camera, repellent and pant legs (poison Ivy). You'll need a small rod back there as its bushy. Top water baits are probably best because its shallow and weedy. The water is crystal clear in there.

Isn't that the one that had the dam break a few months ago ?

Archived