One Day Shore Trout Derby In Port Dalhousie

blue top

Jay and I want to do something special for a terrific man who helped many of us get started fishing. Yes Im talking about Peter Lee of Peter's Tackle in St.Catharines. A true ambassador to our sport in everyway. Who passed away on April 20 2007 at the young age of 44. Peter was the type of man who wanted people to catch fish and would be more than happy to give advice, tips and demonstrations. He donated his time and efforts to St.Catharines Game&Fish Kid Day and local derbys. After getting approval from Peter's wife Angela who decided to keep the store running

We would like to present in memory of Peter Lee

2nd Peter Lee Memorial Shore Trout Derby In

Port Dalhousie

Saturday April 4,2009 700am to 2pm

Thanks to this years sponsors

Peters Tackle,Paul Groves,CC Rods&Flies, Rob McIntosh

More donations for prizes are always welcome

Fish must be weighed in by 2pm @ St.Catharines Game&Fish Association 61 Lighthouse Rd(Fish can be weighed in throughout derby)

This winter there will be 2 $$pots to win

(1)$10 main entry POT Heaviest Trout wins 100% main entry money & Your name engraved on the Peter Lee Memorial Trout Cup on display at Peter’s Tackle

Second place:Fewick rod

Third place: Plano tackle box

(2)$20 Big Money POT Heaviest Trout Wins 100% Big Money POT entry money

(Participation in the $20 Big Money POT is Optional @ sign-up for entrants in the $10 main entry POT)

Anglers can win both $$ POTS with the same fish if entered in both

Draw Prize:Signature Series Rod by CCRods&Flies($2 a ticket for the draw proceeds to kids day derby)

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Minimum weighin 5lbs

Boundries:Port Dalhousie Harbour East&West Piers

Must abide by city bylaws&MNR regulations

FISH MUST NOT BE FOULHOOKED

Anglers may begin fishing when signed up&paid

Only paid participants in our derby are allowed to assist in the landing or netting of fish

********In case no fish are caught monies and prize packages will awarded by draw after derby(must be present to receive prize)

In case of tie the fish weighed first will be declared the winner

Any dead or suspicous fish brought to the scales will be rodded or gutted

Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified & not be allowed to enter any of our derbys in the future

Participants compete in these derbys at their own risk of injury

We will be monotoring and updating leading fish weights on channel 1 of your handheld 2way radios

Derby may be cancelled due to lightning

Participants are responsible for disposing or removing of their own fish

PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES GOOD LUCK TO ALL

50/50 draw to StCatharines Game&Fish Association Kids Day Derby

Please post if attending

Thanks

Brandon&Jay

Previous winners One Day Shore Trout Derby In Port Dalhousie

78 entries March 30 2008 1st Peter Lee Memorial winner $780 Scott Hartnell 11lbs 13oz Rainbow

48 entries Nov 30 2008 $10 main pot $480 John Smith 8lb 8oz Brown,2nd place John Rapchuck 7lb 10 oz Brown

$20 pot, $400 Bowen Sandercock 6lb 15oz Rainbow

24 entries Dec 13 2008 John Smith wins both pots $480 9Lb even Rainbow,2nd Mike Snow 8lb 9 1/2oz Brown

21 entries Jan 11 2009 $10 main pot winner Ray Riley $210 7lb 14oz Brown,$20 pot 3 entries no fish caught $60 awarded by draw

22 entries Feb 7 2009 Pete Barrette wins both pots $420 6lb 7oz Brown

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canada
Damn, I'll be at the Bills game that day but plan to make the others.........It will be nice to fight some fish that don't pull as hard as Erie Smallies :P:P( that was just for Canada :P:unsure: )

How would you know how hard a trout pulls.......trust me these fish pull hard,you'll know someday when you actually catch one :unsure::lol::lol: ......I mean who knows a blind squirel finds a nut every once in awhile :P:lol: Unlike erie bass thes fish take abit of skill to hook :o

How would you know how hard a trout pulls.......trust me these fish pull hard,you'll know someday when you actually catch one :Gonefishing::);) ......I mean who knows a blind squirel finds a nut every once in awhile :P:P Unlike erie bass thes fish take abit of skill to hook ;)

scorch thats gotta hurt

Guest niagarariverpro
After the short discussion I had today with the president of G&F, I'm apaulled and simply put off again at the atitude I got from the St Catharines Game &Fish,for there suport or again lack of it at promoting fishing oportunities in the region ;) Again the G&F has put down another oportuninity to get fishers involved in the club in which is dying before there own eyes! Brandon and Jay put these derbies on to get fishers involved,and for people to come down and enjoy some spectactular fishing that we in the area have to offer!!! I support them and in fact envy these 2 dudes for putting on great days of fishing with alittle bonus nice job guys!!!! Again the S&G is still a joke in my mind, try suporrting the local angler and get off your high horse you bunch of fools :P:D

After the negative response against the G&F I do garauntee a well rounded derby and I hope you fishers come down to support the 1 day derbies, theres lots of trouties in Port D so come down and latch on to few of our local fishies!!! Trust me there pretty sweet on the barbie covered in onion and lemon yummmmmy! :lol:

dude... your really burning people today .. someone put salmon eggs in your cherrios?? :D:lol:

I had my probs and issues with clubs and yes.. local ones which is why i am not a member of any club..

These derbies in port d are great for any club why would they shake that off???

I muist have missed some editting between John's post and Cliff's posts some where while I was away winterizing my trailer.

Wasn't half the reason that Jay and Brandon put on these little derbies to help raise money toward the G&F and toward the derby??? :):)

I muist have missed some editting between John's post and Cliff's posts some where while I was away winterizing my trailer.

Wasn't half the reason that Jay and Brandon put on these little derbies to help raise money toward the G&F and toward the derby??? :):)

I must have missed it too.

They do raise money for Kids Day with a 50/50 draw. The entry moneys all go back to the fishers

Based on last winter's derbies, all money, aside from the kid's day draw, went to the anglers.

Therefore, nobody was paying for heat or hydro, the outhouse or the mess in the clubhouse after.

Many, if not most, participants were non-members.

Sponsorhip comes with a price tag in return for benefits. The G&F footed the bill last year, but saw no benefit.

The same old story of "I want but I don't want to pay the price" that is heard in Port Dalhousie every year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do we have a list of how many are entering this tourny? Hopefully most people remember it's still on....and maybe a note or two if there's going to be a BBQ or not. I'll bump it a few times during the week.

Archived