One Day Shore Trout Derby In Port Dalhousie

blue top

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B&J

I am in!

Just want to ask a question: I live 2hrs away, and with winter driving conditions I might be late 30 or maybe even 60 minutes...Can I still sign in when I show up, or should I ask someone to sign for me at 6:30?

B&J

I am in!

Just want to ask a question: I live 2hrs away, and with winter driving conditions I might be late 30 or maybe even 60 minutes...Can I still sign in when I show up, or should I ask someone to sign for me at 6:30?

if thats the case i'll happily sign you up just PM if i end up paying you'll have to pay me back but if not just send it to someone you trust who is going or is in st.catharines and i'll pay for you but i dont see a prob with you being able to pay late

B&J

I am in!

You can sign up at anytime after 6:30am at St.Catharines Game&Fish Somebody is always there to weigh trout and sign up people that are late

Hope to see you there

You can sign up at anytime after 6:30am at St.Catharines Game&Fish Somebody is always there to weigh trout and sign up people that are late

Hope to see you there

F4M,

Thanks, will do that.

Bassmaster 12,

thank you for the offer but I will do it on my own.

Hi just got back from the trout derby the weather was perfect and a great turnout with many new faces. 48 anglers entered and 20 of those paid another 20 bucks to get in the $20 pot.There were 8 Trout weighed in weighed at the club this morning.The winning fish in the $10 main entry pot paid $480.Congratulations to John Smith first place winner $480 with a 8lb 8oz Rainbow

Second place prize package winner John Rapchuck with a 7lb 10oz Brown

The winning fish in the $20 money pot paid $400.Congratulations to the winner Bowen Sandercock with a 6lb 15oz Rainbow

Thanks for coming and helping raise money for kids day please keep buying the 50 50 tickets

Thanks to Bill Ball and George Dillman our weigh in guys

ThanksAngela at Peters Tackle&Rob Mcintosh for your prize donations,as well as Paul Groves thankyou

Next One Day Trout Derby in Port Dalhousie Saturday December 13 cant wait!!

$10 Main Entry Pot WINNER John Smith $480

Picture002.jpg

2nd place John Rapchuck

Picture001.jpg

$20 Big money pot WINNER $400 Bowen Sandercock

Picture003.jpg

Bowen and John Rapchuck

Picture004.jpg

Please post pics from derby if you got them

Thanks Brandon&Jay

it was a great day out i was gone from 6am till about 3:30 pm when the rain started comin over all i had 2 bites one i thought was a snag but then since when do snags peel off level 5 drag so i broke the line, my other the fish picked it up and i didnt get the best of set hooks so i lost it i think i'll have better luck next week

Congrats to Jay & Brandon for all the effort to make this derby happen & to all the inside volunteers who helped with tickets , raffles & food & drinks :D

The fish were very co-operative today , & many nice trout , both browns & bows were caught .The boats guys & other non derby fishers did very well too .....right in front of my line which didn't get to see a fish . :blink: And we sure lucked out with the weather , great day to fish !

And congrats to the winners , John S. , Bowen S. & John R. nice trouties guys .......I heard a very young little guy about 5 yrs old lost a nice trout ....he would have really showed up all the pros if he landed that beauty ! :D

Congrats to Brandon and Jay for putting this together. I was down there collecting minnies when the 6lb brownie was caught, but couldn't afford to enter the derby this time around. I saw that the walls were pretty full with anglers, and for an event like this, you have to thank all the diehards who participated. And a special thanks to those who drove quite a ways from out of town.

Congrats to all the winners, I'm sure the $$$ came in handy right before Christmas.

Hopefully I can make the next one. I need to show folks that I can catch fish. :blush:

Everyone involved from top to bottom deserves a big :dunno: It's nice when a plan comes together. :)

Here's hoping the next one is just as, if not, more successful.

When's the next one scheduled for?

Go to post #1 Tom ......Dec.13 is the next one and all the rest are posted as well . Get your warm clothes out Tom , see you there ? :angry2:

If there's fish and money involved I'm there!

I love donating to a worthy cause.....ME.... :P......just guaranteed myself a skunk for sure. :)

No....fish with me and your guaranteed a skunk for months to come.... :worthy:

Archived