Sunday Fisherama....Nov. 2nd

fishstick

Fishstick: myself and a small Hibachi if needed .....depending on number of "contestants"

Smerch....I have a portable bbq , ready to fire up to help.......can bring some dogs , tomato , onion , relish , catsup .salt, pepper , mustard ,.....

Smokin Joe.......... I can bring some plates and utensils and I can grab some side dishes. Potatoe salad, macaroni salad etc..

Sgt.Polhill.......... i can bring a small ketle to plug into your truck bring your own mugs ! lol im outa those ill try an bring a few extra if i can dig em up an ill bring some coffe !

Deep fryer, fries, fry boxes, table. Do you want propane stove with coffee pot? Should I bring the butcher gear for fresh victims? Hopefully I'll get down there real early to put on coffee.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a kettle to plug in for tea or coffee? :D

I have three outlets in my truck. Just need a cigarette adapter. Saves money instead of running to Timmies every 30 minutes.

a reg.household kettle uses about 1000 watts of AC power ......you would need a large inverter to get that out of a 12 volt DC system....have you actually boiled water in a kettle from the cig lighter ? I have an old metal coffee perk that sits on a propane stove , can bring that along .......or......I can bring my 600 watt microwave :D (kidding)

does anyone know if the little brick outhouse near the old rowing club ramp is useable in case it's needed ? ( byop ) :o

a reg.household kettle uses about 1000 watts of AC power ......you would need a large inverter to get that out of a 12 volt DC system....have you actually boiled water in a kettle from the cig lighter ? I have an old metal coffee perk that sits on a propane stove , can bring that along .......or......I can bring my 600 watt microwave :D (kidding)

does anyone know if the little brick outhouse near the old rowing club ramp is useable in case it's needed ? ( byop ) :o

They are usually kept open year round. As for usable after Halloween?

ok were's timmies near there i need a map or i'll end up in some place no one has ever heard of i know we go down toenline rd but were do we stop

Guest Rockfish

Fishstick: myself and a small Hibachi if needed .....depending on number of "contestants"

Smerch....I have a portable bbq , ready to fire up to help.......can bring some dogs , tomato , onion , relish , catsup .salt, pepper , mustard ,.....

Smokin Joe.......... I can bring some plates and utensils and I can grab some side dishes. Potatoe salad, macaroni salad etc..

Sgt.Polhill.......... i can bring a small ketle to plug into your truck bring your own mugs ! lol im outa those ill try an bring a few extra if i can dig em up an ill bring some coffe !

Deep fryer, fries, fry boxes, table. Do you want propane stove with coffee pot? Should I bring the butcher gear for fresh victims? Hopefully I'll get down there real early to put on coffee.

Rockfish : I'll bring some pop, hope everyone likes Coke and not Pepsi. :lol:

bm12, Timmies is at the corner of Prince Charles Dr (hwy 58) and Lincoln St., in the south east

corner in a strip mall (no not strippers). :lol:

ok were's timmies near there i need a map or i'll end up in some place no one has ever heard of i know we go down toenline rd but were do we stop

Timmies is on the corner of Lincoln St. & Pr.Charles Dr. ...see you about 7 ish.....

Rec.Can.Timm.JPG

If worse comes to worse in the morning and the toothy critters aren't biting, I'm sure we'll hook into a few gobies. :lol:

They're calling for 12 degrees tomorrow....but it won't be anywhere near that at 7am. Dress cozy!

One quick note: is everyone good for a ride?

I will just meet you guys at the fishin hole,don't worry I won't hide no fish on a stringer if I have a cast before the rest show up :lol: easier for me than going to the Timmie's

oh come folks copmplaining about 7am..clocks go back tonight, it will really be like it was 8 :lol:

guess who caught the only pike :P:D;)

great time everyone,it was like an NFN family re-onion out there today..always great to hang out with a gang like that, great to chat it up with a few people I haven't gotten to see or fish with for a while, and great to see some of the newer younger members out there today getting involved with the group. Can't wait to do it again, a few of us should be able to come up with some good venues :)

and a big :blahblah1::lol: to FishinJack for taking a few minutes out, getting a couple quick pointers and starting to smoke the perch..and got his first 2 at a time double header..and the only double header of the day :P

and as always, a great shore lunch to top off the fun and warm the bellies..thanks to everyone who chipped in, we sure know how to eat for sure, thanks chef Ugli

haha im speechless, and still smiling after that whole day! :Gonefishing:

you guys are all GREAT people and i had such a fun time just chastting to you let alone fishing with you!

best fishing day of the year for me today, jack caught a big pike and i was so fascinated by it :D

btw guys sorry i ask so many questions, call me curious jack :)

a BIG thank you to bigugli who i must say is an amazing cok/ filleter :)

Well, it was a good thing I was keeping perchies. We did not bring enough fish from home. All in all a good, if windy day. Anyhow, I hope JWL recovers from his wound. I got one while filleting the bugger. My fault for getting over tired, but it was worth it.

Here are the rwesults of the white bucket survey. I think we have the beginnings for a fry at some point in time.

DSCN2234.jpg

Thanks to our meal contributors Dave, Rick, Joe, Jack, And whomever else I may have missed. I kinda got pre- occupied with the fryer going.

Another great NFN outting in the books B) And as Jack mentioned, it was a great day to get out and fish with some old friends that I haven't fished with in a while and some new ones too. I think I should have joined fishinJack in the pointers circle :Gonefishing: Even IBC out fished me today :):blink::lol: And yes I did stop on the way home and get a lottery ticket :blush:

A big thanks to all that helped out with the shore lunch, and to Chez Bruce :):D

We'll definately have to do a couple more before the really cold weather sets in. And maybe a couple of ice fishing adventures as well.

im thinking Jaycee for perch and grunts with some carp or the occasional pike and bass to boot there is enough room for a shore lunch and if we get some nice perch we can clean some and have a fiest and a half.

Bill upload pics sometime tonight we should get a montage going. here's the count for today:

Jack (FishinJack) - to many to count

Jack (JWL) - 1 pike nad i think some panfish early on

Adam - 1 Bass apparntley

Joe (smokin Joe) - I dont even think 1

Dan (IBC) - left early i think he got a couple

Dan (Sticky) - i think a couple a perch

Bill - I think he got some perch

Bruce - to many to count alot of blugills

Gil - 3 perch

Rick (rick) - I think a couple of bites and thats it

Rick (RJR) - Alot a bites but no takers

Joey (BM12) - nothing

i think i covered everyone if i got anything wrong just correct me

rick (RJR) got a couple in our first spot along with some gobies. anyways jaycee isnt that great, and we were thinking going on a roadtrip somewhere :Gonefishing:

i just realized that when i left my house to go to my friends, Jaycee isnt that bad Jack you just havent got lucky yet and if were road trippin maybe the Grand for some whatever's in there im waiting for the pics Bill said he had some pics with at least everyone in it.

Archived