Nov 22 Steelheader's Derby

jwl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is a week away I thought I would make another announcement in regards to the derby.

All participants are to meet at the big parkinglot where the "Timmies" is at 5 corners in Niagara Falls for 5:30 am. At this time, we all kick in our $10 for the day, and prize donations that are not already collected will be collected and thrown into the pot. All boats will be given and number and drawn from a hat, this will decide the order in which everyone will launch once at the ramp. If we all help one another out, we can get boats in at a fairly decent time. I may also suggest that during this time, the boaters take a bit of time to do any last minute prep to get in the water....take covers off,load with gear, do a quick check of everything so we can basically get to the ramp, undo the tiedowns and go into the water

Derby time will be from 6:30 until Noon...some may wish to continue fishing for the day, if you think you have the winning fish, you must come in and collect the prize accordingly, if we stay in a bit of contact throughout the day, you should be able to know by that point who has any big fish shots to enter. As for other prizes, if participants wish to continue fishing for the day, we can make sure that you are contacted accordingly and still get your prize. I am also saying this because who knows, if the fishing is hot, I may myself also decide to get a couple hours extra fishing in during the afternoon :Gonefishing:

If anyone has 2 way radios to bring along for the day this might be a good idea as well...we will already have a couple sets and be using channel 5 (this channel works well on the river) If anyone wants they can exchange cell phone number with Me or Cliff so we can stay in contact with all boaters on the water to ensure that everyone gets back to the launch safely.

Anyone with any questions regarding directions on meeting up or parking just shoot me a PM

Just so everyone knows, the lineups are set for now pending a couple boater confirmations, so to all who wished to attend we regreat to say all the boats are full, and just a bit of FYI for those as well who may feel left out, between the 2 boards there where 17 non-boater interests that we have not been able to place, so you are not alone and it's definately nothing personal...there is nothing saying that if you still want to participate you can get a few guys together and fish from shore :dunno:

If we get any last minute boaters signed up, we will fill the seats accordingly.

I would again like to thanks everyone who has shown interest in the fun derby day, and like to extend a big thanks to all the boaters who are coming out and have been willing to open a few spots on thier boats for the day to get some non-boaters out there, this should be a great day, we have the better part of around 40 people out for this day :lol:

Again, some of the arrangements like meeting up all together is just to confirm who is out for the day, we want to be able to account for all boats and participants to ensure everyone gets off the water safely. And also to help ensure that other things run smoothly with getting that many boats out at the ramp, and trying to downsize impact on other boat traffic/anglers who may be there for the day when it comes to line-ups at the ramp and parking.

This is going to be a great day,please keep in contact with one another who areplaced together to sort out anyhting you may need to for the day.

Also at this point I would ask that any of the non-boaters who have been placed with someone thinks they are not going to be able to make it, please speak up ASAP as we can easily fill the seat in the boats

Thanks all.

Jack

5:30 am? laughing-smiley-014.gif

Oh..........you're serious. :lol:

hey if fishin starts at 6;30, we got a couple things to sort out, downsize number of vehicles ect, and get pretty much 40 guys split up into boats and out on the water :):Gonefishing:

Any consolation to ya, I probably gotta show up for more like 5 or so incase anyone starts to show up and start sorting the last minute stuff :P:dunno:

Jack, when you say 5 corners do you mean on Thorold Stone Road

yepper that's what I mean..right at Drummond and Thorold Stone...huge parkinglot there, a big chunk of which is unused from a business closing so there will be plenty of room for a bunch of boats to meet up there, and from there is only really about 10- 15 minutes to the boat ramp :Gonefishing:

We can meet up, sort out pecking order ,rape and pillage the timmies for a coffee, and go fiaaashhinnn :lol::dunno:

Oh I'll be there. Just a bit of a shocker to see the time, not really an early bird as I like my late nights but I'll get there somehow. And no, not having a sleepover. :Gonefishing:

please recheck the list some revises have been made..for example Ham&Eggs is now paried up with Dobbee...unfortunately Smokin Joe had to give up his seat

Also there was nother boater newb Hooked placed on the list he will be taking Fishinnut who is very expereinced with this type of fishing, and I still have 1 more non-boater to place, will update after

thanks again

Jack

Guest niagarariverpro
please recheck the list some revises have been made..for example Ham&Eggs is now paried up with Dobbee...unfortunately Smokin Joe had to give up his seat

Also there was nother boater newb Hooked placed on the list he will be taking Fishinnut who is very expereinced with this type of fishing, and I still have 1 more non-boater to place, will update after

thanks again

Jack

very experienced?? HE's a fishing Pro and a guide on the mighty Niagara for years!! yeah i say he has experience :P

I am also going to add that although SmokinJoe had to give up a spot for the day, he has also most generously still made a great donation for the prize pot

Thanks million Joe, we owe ya one, will get you out on the water really soon :P:lol::worthy:

Agian all participants please skim the forum and go over all related posts :P

Any donations for prizes, we can make arrangements to get them before the weekend, or bring them when we meet up..remember we meet at 5:30AM

Guest niagarariverpro

nice going Joe... but you could have got you NEXT custom instead lol...

lake erie walleye charter custom rod and a whack of other prizes.. who could miss it eh...

couple more updates made

reminder, please try and contact one another before the derby to arrange anything that may need to be sorted out.

Lineups are made..we regret that we could not find a seat for everyone who wished to enter, we have tried our best along the way and managed to get about 40 people rounded up, this should be a great day. :)

Archived