Nov 22 Steelheader's Derby

jwl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone needs a PFD, let me know. I have plenty of extras.

I have a question for all the river guys. I have gone through my rods ( which is plenty), is a 10.6' rod good for boat fishing?

sure it will be Rick and Fishstick you will be poking in the eye.. :lol: ,,,I use anywhere from a 7 to a 9, lots of folks use longer rods, I will be using my new 7 and bringing a back up

With 3 guys in a smaller boat it's best to keep the rods shorter. I'm bringing a 7 footer, which is long enough for boat fishing down there. I can bring two if you want Doc, no problemo here.

With 3 guys in a smaller boat it's best to keep the rods shorter. I'm bringing a 7 footer, which is long enough for boat fishing down there. I can bring two if you want Doc, no problemo here.

thanx Rick

This drifting in a boat is all new to me, guess it's time to buy new rods

for those who never usually get out for this kind of fishin..it's chilly out there, make sure to dress warm you want to be as comfortable out there as you can...make sure your "boater" partners for the day know wetaher or not any PFD's are need ect, I think there are a few possible extras kicking around.

If it's anyhting like today there is gonna be some good fishin going on.

Remember too folks, it's the weekend, so there will be the usual weekend traffic along with us..we can all be courteous and nice to one another for the day, lets to the best we can get all the boats in the water as smoothly as we can..that's why my suggestion of doing the prep stuff at the meet up spot before heading to the ramp. We can help each other out no probs.

Any last minute questions feel free to ask away :worthy:

It shouldn't be an issue getting a lift from Tim Hortons down to the launch... right? I'm getting my wife to drop me off and I'd hate to keep her around for no reason.

I'll be driving there solo.........Ask Cliff to point me out to you I'll give you a lift..............JHM

Actually I didn't even snooze at all in the boat, I was too busy raising and lowering the freaking electric motor. :P It was a fun day.

The time really flew by, and the fish didn't seem to turn on until near the end. I'd have a pic of my fish, but I think it may have snapped me off just as I was trying to unsnag my freaking streamer from every possible rock in the damn river. Five times in total! I hate that fish.... :lol:

Back to reality....it was a really fun day and I'd do it more often. Thanks to Rick and Doc for the company, and a huge thanks to Jack and Cliff. A very well organized event. :D

Was nice to see some posters that I haven't seen in awhile, and meeting some other posters as well. :)

As for the 3 of us....zero fish, but a tonne of laughs. :lol: Can't wait until the next one.

Actually I didn't even snooze at all in the boat, I was too busy raising and lowering the freaking electric motor. :D It was a fun day.

As for the 3 of us....zero fish, but a tonne of laughs. :lol: Can't wait until the next one.

Ain't that what's it all about?

You're right Doc that's what it's all about. Congrats to all that fished this derby :D

And stickie just another reminder, cause I'm sure you heard it all day never more than a 45 degree angle on the line, I try to keep it around 30 so you can pick up and get around those snags :lol:

I had it in and around 44 degrees Joe....it said so on Ricks' fishfinder. :D All my snags came on the backdrift, but I'll take it as a lesson learned. First time in a boat on the river, but I hope it won't be the last. Just too much fun out there. Roe might have helped a little also, but when you don't fish for trout, it's kinda hard to come by.

Archived