Nov 22 Steelheader's Derby

jwl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno if im gonna fish this :P

Tbh, not for anything personal or whatever, i just know that lots of people will really be pissed at the thought of having a kid on there boat during a derby.

We'll see i guess aha.

that's exactly part of the reason for having a derby like this....to get people out there who don't often get the chance to do this kind of fishing, go back to the original post that Cliff put up about this, it's for people of all experience levels, and we tried our best to pair people up evenly ect. Everyone in this derby has just as much a chance as anyone of catching the big one for the day and winning.

We are waiting on a couple more boat confirmations unfortunately before we can place any more non-boaters, then we will be placing people accordingly who are already on the list...young or old, ugly or not :D

sure there are some prizes on the line, but that's not to make it a big cut-throat day on the water, it's longest fish..what we need is a pic of the fish with a clearly marked tape measure,we aren't keeping fish in a livewell ect...it's a CPR kind of thing...some cash for 1st and 2nd, but also remember there will be some random prizes as well, this is just to add to the fun, and you don't neccessarily have to get the big one of the day to go home with a prize :)

Bring on some more of this crappy cold weather and rain and by the time 2 weeks rolls around fishin is going to really start to heat up!!!

ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ THE "LINE-UP" AND CHECK TO SEE WHO YOU ARE PARTNERED UP WITH!!! :Gonefishing:

Groups have already been picked for now, and everyone has almost 2 weeks to contact one another and make appropriate arrangements for the day. We are also going to perhaps try and find a central meeting area along the way and work out some sort of carpooling the best we can so we don't have to bring so many vehicles down there.

Again, boaters and non-boaters please try and contact one another to set things up for the day,non-boaters take note and read some of the other related threads with the suggestions in them on how to dress,what to bring ect for the day.

For anyone who may be partnered up with someone who is not a member of this board but is a member of NRS and you are having a problem contacting them, just shoot me a message and I will make arrangements for contacting eachother regarding this day.

thanks again ;)

well guess im going to be left out this totally sucks and i was looking forward to this to well i guess it happens :blahblah1:

well guess im going to be left out this totally sucks and i was looking forward to this to well i guess it happens :)

we are still trying, I don't know what everyone is getting thier pink frilly panties in a bunch for...I am waiting on confirming a couple more seats, and like I said 3 more seats just opened up that I haven't placed yet.

for those of you who seem to have the notion that some teams of people on boats are "rigged",(seems to be what a couple people think) get a grip!!!, it's not like that at all...the scenario is that some boaters entering the derby chose to come out for the day with a boat full of people already...being that this was a boater/non-boater kind of derby, people had asked ahead of time if this was okay with us....to us we said sure, the more the merrier. Like I have stated before, some people are coming from "out of town" and are already bringing a fishing buddy or family member along but yet have still graciously opened up a seat on thier boat for a non-boater so what's the problem folks????

Unfortunately we may have to leave a couple people out who are on the non-boater list simply because we don't have enough seats in boats, no favourites where picked ect.....instead of all the whining and BS, people should be grateful for all the great guys coming out and opening up seats on thier boats for the day for everyone who can be placed.

At this time I would like to say a big thank-you to all the boaters out there who are coming out for the day and opening up thier boats for the day, offering to show some inexperienced people a few tricks for the day, and best of all just sharing a great day on the water :P:blahblah1:

I look forward to seeing all the hardcores I know out on the water that day, and also look forward to seeing some new faces getting in on the amazing winter fishery our area has to offer

we are still trying, I don't know what everyone is getting thier pink frilly panties in a bunch for...I am waiting on confirming a couple more seats, and like I said 3 more seats just opened up that I haven't placed yet.

for those of you who seem to have the notion that some teams of people on boats are "rigged",(seems to be what a couple people think) get a grip!!!, it's not like that at all...the scenario is that some boaters entering the derby chose to come out for the day with a boat full of people already...being that this was a boater/non-boater kind of derby, people had asked ahead of time if this was okay with us....to us we said sure, the more the merrier. Like I have stated before, some people are coming from "out of town" and are already bringing a fishing buddy or family member along but yet have still graciously opened up a seat on thier boat for a non-boater so what's the problem folks????

Unfortunately we may have to leave a couple people out who are on the non-boater list simply because we don't have enough seats in boats, no favourites where picked ect.....instead of all the whining and BS, people should be grateful for all the great guys coming out and opening up seats on thier boats for the day for everyone who can be placed.

At this time I would like to say a big thank-you to all the boaters out there who are coming out for the day and opening up thier boats for the day, offering to show some inexperienced people a few tricks for the day, and best of all just sharing a great day on the water :worthy::Gonefishing:

I look forward to seeing all the hardcores I know out on the water that day, and also look forward to seeing some new faces getting in on the amazing winter fishery our area has to offer

phew, that takes a whole lotta of my chest i was getting worried there for a second i though the list was already done

hope everyone is starting to get in contact with one another, and setting some things up with one another for the day, :blink: this is 9 days away, updates will be coming, I am waiting on a couple confirmations from boaters :Gonefishing:

Guest niagarariverpro
So there is going to be a prize for the mystery length? Isn't this going to cause a lot of fish deaths? Everyone and their mothers bringing in every fish they catch so that they can win the mystery prize?

ALL fish are quickly photographed with one of my measuring sticks then released.. don't worry fishnguy we won't kill any fish on you..

oh and incase your not sure we have licences that alow an angler to keep 5 fish each BUT this is a catch n release derby..

So there is going to be a prize for the mystery length? Isn't this going to cause a lot of fish deaths? Everyone and their mothers bringing in every fish they catch so that they can win the mystery prize?

no one will be bringing in any fish unless they want to keep the odd one for the table..this is based on CPR..every boat must have a camera aboard, pics will be taken with a clearly marked measurement, and back in the water it goes....unless someone is keeping anything for eating, none of the fish are even going to see the dock, they will all be released where they are caught :blink:

it's big fish for the person...take a pic like "the pike off" of the fish with a clearly marked tape measure, longest steelie, and longest brown....if there is any discrepancies (like a couple people tie) it will be worked out fairly as we can all agree on, say 3-4 people all have one that's looking say 25 inches..then perhaps of those people, names go in a hat..draw for winner could be an option. There are also going to be a couple random prizes, for example, a certain random length wins a prize and so on...there will be lots of chances to win a few things :rolleyes:

I have to hatch a few things out with Cliff, and we will make a post about it in the next couple days...like for example we where trying to figure out a good location to perhaps all meet up ect to perhaps make it easier for some of the boaters/non-boaters to meet up :lol:

We are just trying to sort out a couple details that would work out best for the vast majority B)

Archived