MADE IN CANADA

Dan Andrews

A popular saying used to be " You are what you eat". In todays consumer society it's " You are what you buy" . People buy stuff to achieve social status. The more it costs and the more frivolous it is, the higher up the ladder you are.

A popular saying used to be " You are what you eat". In todays consumer society it's " You are what you buy" . People buy stuff to achieve social status. The more it costs and the more frivolous it is, the higher up the ladder you are.

i totally agree there, teens who spend a fortune on brand name cloths like american eagle, just do it so they can make themselves look better and richer i should know im a teen and i buy my clothes at wal mart and my shoes at that discount place across the street from wal mart.

another thing that bugs the poop out of me is modren parents who dont give a rats donkey about there kids and they buy them everything they want i mean my parents say if i want something i have to save up for it and i agree i beleive that im one of the few teens that sorta know what value is, cause when i get something i cherish it for ever or until one of my neices breaks it but still have my stuff animals from when i was a baby and to my knowledge i know that was valuable and cost someone alot of money to give me and im not going to throw it away because its not fashionable or in style

P.S. yes i do se stuff made in canada usally at local stores and markets so theres still some hope

I know this reply is off topic so forgive me.

Good on you Joey for learning the value of a dollar :P I found that by starting a bank account for my son that he doesn't want to spend money without thinking about it. Whenever he asks for something I tell him to buy it with his own money, all the sudden it's not that important :lol:

I've only heard him once talking of spending his money and that was to help his mom and I out :blush::blush:

Not to bad for an 8 year old if I do say so myself :)

Oh and BTW he likes Zellers not Wallymart B)

Archived