Martindale Ice Derby

live2fish

Registration Starts at 7 and the fishing will begin at 8. Late registers can see me on the ice like last year but this time i will not be fishing the event. Only for fun.

Weighin is at 2pm. NO fishing after 2pm.

50 percent of the money will go towards the heart and stroke like last year in memoration of Bradley P.

the other 50 percent will be divided in 2 and half will go to the longest pike and the other half will go to the heaviest weight of 5 combined perch.

If no pike is caught there will be a 1st and 2nd for the perch division.

10 dollars per person to enter.

Everyone is to follow all the rules and regulations of the MNR and the law.

The boundaries are the same as last year from the point of the bay right across to the other side.

It is to be held from Rennie Park near the Tim Hortons.

We will be having a donational barbeque like last year with hotdogs and this year there will be chilly and coffee also.

NO fishing before 8.

Anyone caught mixing fish with someone or cheating in any way will be disqualified.

Fish can be dead for weigh in but not frozen so bring a bucket to keep them alive.

Pike can be measured at any time along with your 5 perch if you need to leave early.

This is open to the public so tell everyone and bring anyone you want.

Organizers are not responsible for stolen,lost equipment, personal injury or death.

Fish at own risk.

This is a fun derby so come out for the day and contribute to a good cause.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im totally in 10$ ok some ones gonna drill me a hole for pike

oh yeah bowen by boudries do you mean the bay to what the tower or grandstand

I'll be there again ...too enjoyable to miss this derby ....and the chilli / dogs /coffee !! :Gonefishing: It's a good time and helping a charity out to boot .

Bassmaster 12......I'll drill 2 holes for you ....5 bucks each ....... :)

Here's another map for those not familiar .

the boundry line is approximate, from the point on the left to the tall building on the right ( reverse as you walk out from Timmies at the top . There could be thin ice at the "X" ...that's where the water goes into a small stream behind the tall starter building .

Port%20D.Map.JPG

Guest niagarariverpro

I'll inform Bradley's family Bowen.. Awesome thing your doing to keep Bradleys memory alive and for the derby i will donate a CCRods custom rod for the cause..

Cliff..

<_<:blink::P Hey Bowen: Again you step up to the plate to keep Bradley's memory going for a good cause. Again I will be there and you know that I will also bring along a Berkley prize package. See you then Ye Old Catfish :)

Glad this has been posted. I am looking forward to trying my hand at ice fishing as I have never done this before. Hope fully the weather will be better than last year. I hope Bowen that you will be able to show me how to ice fish. I will bring BJ's rods with me and we will give this a try. Looking foward to seeing you again and your family. Thanks for keeping his memory alive. Lets have fun!!!

Archived