Martindale Ice Derby

live2fish

The structure will most likely be just add a a 2nd-4th prize depending on how many prizes there are. so far we have.

A fin Bore Auger donated from The St.Catharines Game and Fish Association.

25 Dollar Girft Certificate to petes from Smokin Joe.

Custom Rod Donated by CC Rods (Cliff)

More to come when they are finalized.

Brent I will be at the sign up table in the morning and by the hut with the barbeque and all of the stuff around it. It wont be hard to find im not fishing.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well with this ice melt we might have to get lucky if we want good ice and not like 3-4" of ice but i think will be safe

Minnow Mike and myself were out on the pond today for a few hours, the ice was a good 8" - 10" thick and almost clear and very slippery once it got wet from the rain. There was a lot of cracking sounds in the morning and we saw a few cracks as they happened but by 11am the Ice settled down.

I think the Ice will be fine for the derby.

i just looked at the weather for this week

i hope we can still all make it out fotr this saturdays event..

it's for a great cause

any thoughts on this event not happening..?

i sure hope it does...

i went out on the back side today ...wow it was windy

but lots of nice ice...

clear ice that is..

didn't try out the front but i'm sure it's good also..for now anyways

just checked the weather to Jacques as long as the weather has a low in the negatives we should be fine we might loose an inch or two but we already got a couple of inches of snow on top of the ice the snow will go first so it depends will just have to see

i get use my new auger i got chilli today yay!!!

I just checked the weather too. Jacques as long as the weather is low or in the negatives we should be fine, we might loose an inch or two but already we have a couple inches of snow on the ice, the snow will be the first to melt. We will just have wait to see what happens.

I get use my new auger I got from Chilli today!! Yay!!!

:rolleyes:

I might be down there, I have alot of other expenses comming up so I am really starting to feel the pinch!

Jacob

hey bowen

i ran into Tony (hooked) today

on the front side of the pond and

he had mentioned that he would be bringing in some

minnows on saturday...

just let us all know if there will be some bait there for purchase

please...becase if your not sure i'll make sure to bring my own but id rather

donate money for the minnows...

thanx

YES!!! ok that calmed me down now theres going to be minnows willw e have to pay for them separtely or do we add it to the cost of the derby

so how many people will be out with regular fishing rods? just wonderin if i end up making it out, am i gonna be the odd one without the ice fishing gear as i have never ice fished before? and will there be people around that can drill extra holes?

hey jacques if im going with you, you might as well pick me up since none of my friends want to get up at 6am and leave at 7am for a derby i got a 8" i want to try out too so ill chill with you during the derby. Im going to try and convince my friend to lend me his jigging tip-up as a second line for pike.

i can pick u up but the thing is i have a friend coming fishing also...

ipromised him a warm seat....

but i talked to bill and he said he is going to bring his huts...

so there should be plenty of room.. but u will have to ask him

Archived