Spring Birds

Saw this morning a flock of 62 that looked like Trumpeter Swans, Sent an email for confirmation.

2099187280094307541S425x425Q85.jpg

2808827530094307541S425x425Q85.jpg

and a Pine Sisken

2501827760094307541S425x425Q85.jpg

Starting to collect bid and species pics for the Halton Watershed review.

Will need proof why areas need to be spared the shovel.

When I started to get into pictures it was more for selling fine art prints of wilderness landscapes...

Oh well it's all good practice.

Jeff

a few more pics here.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/570516952fgLGHm

• 2 weeks later...

Out in the Pt Abino Chrystal Beach area yesterday...saw this buzzard type bird, had to have a wing span of at least 6 ft...anyone know what the heck it was? Biggest bird I have ever seen...Saw similar year ago last winter sitting on the edge of ice in the Niagara River. From shore it looked like it was as tall as a penguin...lol , went home to get my camera and it was gone when I got back...

Nice pics. Do they have Turkey Vultures up here? used to see them alot down south. I swore I saw a Pelican last year on Erie, might be losing it but sure looked like one to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Not losing it.. I've seen pelicans as far north as Lake of the Woods.

I thought they were more of an ocean bird down south I used to see a lot on vacation, after reading a little it seems they head north for the summer!

This bird has been visiting our feeder for over 3 weeks now . He/she is still very shy & spooks easily , but today it let me get closer . I think the dog is afraid of it ........ :(

big%20bird.jpg

"On the wings of a snow white .......pig-eon " ....... :D Hey Joe , this racing pigeon is bigger than the turkey we had yesterday ! And we are fatting it up some more for thanksgiving ! :(

Nice pics. Do they have Turkey Vultures up here? used to see them alot down south. I swore I saw a Pelican last year on Erie, might be losing it but sure looked like one to me.

Turkey Vultures are very common in this area.Also American White Pelicans' breeding and summer ranges are all through our prairies.The spring/fall flyway is just to the west of the great lakes.One could have blown off course or perhaps their range is expanding as other species have done in recent years.

This bird has been visiting our feeder for over 3 weeks now . He/she is still very shy & spooks easily , but today it let me get closer . I think the dog is afraid of it ........ :)

big%20bird.jpg

I googled up "racing pigeon clubs" & found an email addy . They answered my questions & asked me to provide the tag number ......Well , I need to catch the bird to do that !! So......I have devised a trap and hope to have the bird in my cage very shortly , then send them the info . I would like to know where the bird came from , and some of these birds can be worth a lot . I'll settle for KFC thank you !icon6.gif

We once had a flock of hawks around 30-40 flying in circles around our house and neighborhood it was pretty cool to see that many they were redtailed hawks.

Archived