5th Annual Pike Open

Pete Elphinstone

Hi All

Well it is time once again to get out for some great pike fishing action. The Niagara Bassmasters are holding their 5th annual live release Pike Tournament. This is a fun event that is also a fund raiser for the Niagara Bassmasters club. The money raised at this event helps the club put on events such as the casting kids, which is held at the outdoors show, as well it helps put together the Help a Child Smile charity bass tournament held each September.

Here are the particulars for the event. If you contact me I can email you a copy of the complete rules or answer any questions you have. If not each competing team will receive a copy of the rules at registration.

Sunday April 26, 7:30am to 2:00pm

At the public ramp in Port Colborne (Behind hospital)

Entry Fee= $60 per team(2 anglers)

MAX 25 Teams

3 Pike Limit

Pay-outs: 1st=$450, 2nd=$270, 3rd $181, BIG Pike=$100 (Based on FULL Field)

This is a live release event; please ensure that your boat has a livewell or a homemade devise. Stringers will not be accepted.

Due to the limited space, the tournament will be limited to 25 teams. Registration is a first come first serve basis.

If you like you can pre-register by sending me your team info to the email below.

For info E-mail championproteam@yahoo.ca

Thanks,

Pete Elphinstone

Thanks guys I just figured it out its zone 20. Pretty weird you can catch em on the lake but not on the river.

Above the falls is Lake Erie (Zone 19), below the falls is Lake Ontario (Zone 20).

Zone 19: Pike open all year

Zone 20: Jan. 1-Mar. 31 2nd Sat in May-Dec. 31

Julie since when do you fish nice weather LOL! Should be a blast hopefully my boat will be ready!

Oh I hope your boat will be ready too... I know last year the weather didn't like me too much... LOL As long as i'm fishing, i'm a happy lil camper :Gonefishing: Will be good to see you out there!

• 2 weeks later...

With the tournament only 1 day away I thought I would bring everybody up to date. As of right now we have 10 pre-registered teams. We cut the event off at 25. We have never have that many pre-registered teams so this year looks to be bigger! You can also register the morning of the event, I will be at the ramp at 6:30am to start registration. I was out on friday with one of the other competing teams helping get there boat ready for the event and we picked up a few pike with 1 over 30inches.

Just remember that this is a fun tournament and anyone is welcome to compete.

Any questions feel free to drop me an email or PM.

Pete

Archived