Coyle Creek

Erik.T.

Has anyone ever been to Coyle Creek I came acroos the name a while ago while researching catfishing spots but I can not find it. Do you know where it is?

Do you know what species are there? B) Thanks. :dunno:

Never heard of Coyle creek. But there used to be a train bridge over the Welland river beside Lincoln street that we call the Coyle. The bridge is gone. The concrete abutments are still there. There is a creek entering the river there also.

Joe, you are right. That is the only Coyle Creek that I know of we used to call that former train bridge the Coyle Bridge because of its location near the creek.

Coyle Creek runs fromthe river, under Colbeck, abd through two golf courses.. just parallel to Lincoln. It runs from Welland through South Pelham and can get quite wide at certain times of the year. It's becoming somewhat threatened now due to the subdivision getting built practically on its banks. If you search the net you'll come across a community group which is dedicated to the creek and the surrounding habitat.

I've caught bass, catfish, and panfish in there.. one time even a little walleye. Anything that swims in the river will be in there, just likely will be quite small.

Iv caught a few pike where it opens up to the welland, but its mostly just panfish and small bass, the best places on it are where it joins the welland and where south pelham road goes over top of it. The south pelham part though is rough to get to due to the banks just being bush and loose dirt, but with a small rod its not to bad.

Archived