Fishing In Grimsby????

lucasv

Hey guys first post on this forum. I just moved to grimsby a few months ago and I was wondering if there are any good fishing spots around the area. I've tried 40 mile creek and fifty point and didn't have much success there.

I've heard there's fish in lake Ontario.

Welcome to the board.

You have to have thick skin to make it on this board.

Spelling and grammar count.

Any small mistake in your fishing will be shredded to pieces and you will be accused of destroying the fishery.

Kind of like the mike holmes fan forum, when you post photos of your renovations.

But its nice to see the photos of fish.

Just don't post photos that give away your spots. Because that will be met with opposition as well.

and don't hold fish vertically or with bare, dry hands.

And don't post weights of fish unless you have a photo of the fish hanging on a scale. Because everyone will hop on it.

And for goodness sake don't catch your limit of perch or crappie and then post a photo of them all in a bath tub because people will say you're being gluttonous.

Fishing is fun, Enjoy!

Thanks where's the pier? Is it near the beach?

It's at the foot of Elizabeth St. behind the old pumphouse. Salmon and trout can be caught there in spring and fall when the water temps are cooler.

I've heard there's fish in lake Ontario.

Welcome to the board.

You have to have thick skin to make it on this board.

Spelling and grammar count.

Any small mistake in your fishing will be shredded to pieces and you will be accused of destroying the fishery.

Kind of like the mike holmes fan forum, when you post photos of your renovations.

But its nice to see the photos of fish.

Just don't post photos that give away your spots. Because that will be met with opposition as well.

and don't hold fish vertically or with bare, dry hands.

And don't post weights of fish unless you have a photo of the fish hanging on a scale. Because everyone will hop on it.

And for goodness sake don't catch your limit of perch or crappie and then post a photo of them all in a bath tub because people will say you're being gluttonous.

Fishing is fun, Enjoy!

That would explain all the lurkers :)

Welcome Luke

That would explain all the lurkers :)

Welcome Luke

We may have a p-e-t-a member here also Dan.....(Picking Every Topic Apart) B)

And welcome Luke , don't sweat the grmmer or da spellin , sometimes I miss a few keys when i check out a post ....... B) You may like to try Jordan or Daley Park some time . There are lots of spots along the lakeshore to toss a line . Good luck . :)

Hey guys first post on this forum. I just moved to grimsby a few months ago and I was wondering if there are any good fishing spots around the area. I've tried 40 mile creek and fifty point and didn't have much success there.

Now I can read this better, I was just being a smartass wit u, you need a sense of humour when on this forum.

Welcome and enjoy the Ka-os

Thanks guys :lol: sorry Steve o I thought u were being serious XD

Ditto here .........I like to yank the chains myself but I'll make sure to put an appropriate smiley to let you know I'm razzing you . All taken in stride Steve .......have a good one ! :)

Now down to business, you can fish under the skyway bridge from the pier (fishermens Pier) in Hamilton, that's not to far for you

You can try 50 point conservation, in about 3 weeks you should be able to nail the salmon coming through

Try Jordan Harbour as Smerchly said, excellent spot for rainbow and salmon, just make sure you follow the reg's for that place (starting Sept.31)

You can take a 15-20 min drive up the QEW and give her at Spencer Park in Burlington, lots of bow's hang there starting around the begining of Oct.

Drive a bit further and try Bronte Creek, guys are already fishing the pier in anticipation of an early salmon run with all the rain and cool temps.

Try Binbrook conservation, excellent L/S bass fishing and pike, there are rumours that walleye have made a come back in that lake, maybe because the welland flows into it.

You really wanna go on an adventure try finding spots along the welland river starting in wellandport and work your way eastwards, there are loads of spots to fish all along that stretch (best is between the airport and lincoln bridge)

I have a few other places but I will not post them to the public as they are hidden gems for me, only 2 maybe 3 people know about them and they product BIG fish. If your interested in knowing then you'll have to pm me and maybe (key word being maybe) I will show you to them. But you have to make a pack with me that if I show you these places and I find out you told others I can cut your hands off so you cant hold a rod no more...... :lol:

Hope this helps

We may have a p-e-t-a member here also Dan.....(Picking Every Topic Apart) :)

And welcome Luke , don't sweat the grmmer or da spellin , sometimes I miss a few keys when i check out a post ....... :) You may like to try Jordan or Daley Park some time . There are lots of spots along the lakeshore to toss a line . Good luck . :lol:

Very well may be Bill. However we should never forget what the acronym peta stands for, no matter how tempting it may be to use.

People Eating Tasty Amimals :D

Archived