For Walleye from kayak

Push

I'd like to do some fishing for Walley from kayak.

Is there any good place on lake Erie to start with?

Thanks

I would say if your going to hit up erie with a kayak stay close to shore, probably wont get much walleye , but I could see you doing well for smallies and maybe pike. Try around marines and areas where your not gonna get alot of waves, I know erie on some days can be very very windy and choppy once you get out there. Remember where a life jacket and be safe. I seen people fishing in 2 ft of water on the beaches later in evenings getting there limits on smallies.

I would say if your going to hit up erie with a kayak stay close to shore, probably wont get much walleye , but I could see you doing well for smallies and maybe pike. Try around marines and areas where your not gonna get alot of waves, I know erie on some days can be very very windy and choppy once you get out there. Remember where a life jacket and be safe. I seen people fishing in 2 ft of water on the beaches later in evenings getting there limits on smallies.

What about a pontoon boat with a trolling motor. Its a 9' White River Firehole its rated for class 2 rapids.

Forget the Welland River dinks, launch out of Crystal beach. Troll from the Condo's to the Waverly shoal (Niagara River mouth). Here's a smaller eater

walleye07-05-09.jpg

i havent got my walleye yet this year no really good spots i can bike to and i own a canoe but have no way to transport it

Joey, have you tried Port D?

BTW I'd never go out far in a canoe. Just not the same as a kayak!

way too many gobies there i wonder if there in gibson

I would say if your going to hit up erie with a kayak stay close to shore, probably wont get much walleye , but I could see you doing well for smallies and maybe pike... I seen people fishing in 2 ft of water on the beaches later in evenings getting there limits on smallies.

hey 007, is there a specific beach you're thinking of or just pick one and go. coming from hamilton but my kids and i are so desperate for fish this summer that, at this point, i'll drive just about anywhere. drove an hour to mountsberg today only to watch the whitecaps spoil our kayak plans.

hey 007, is there a specific beach you're thinking of or just pick one and go. coming from hamilton but my kids and i are so desperate for fish this summer that, at this point, i'll drive just about anywhere. drove an hour to mountsberg today only to watch the whitecaps spoil our kayak plans.

The name i cant think of at the moment, but i know its in port colbourne right off the highway, come to a dead end road and make a right and go down and theres a beach, i think its a bit private , but i dont think anyone would complain if you go around 730-8 ish. Alot of american cottagers in the area so they really dont say much since they are in Canada after all.

BTW I'd never go out far in a canoe. Just not the same as a kayak!

Kayaks are great and easy to launch anywhere.

I will stick to my canoe however. I stay dry, can stand in mine though

I don't do much of that, can take two extra people along,

and when and if I get tired of paddling, I just

use my 38lb thrust trolling motor to get me around :D

My point was if you want to fish in Lake Erie with a car topper, a kayak is much safer in choppy waters than a canoe. Now if your in the creeks well that's a different story. Lake Erie and canoes don't mix. At least not far from shore.

This is my new ride, I was thinking of hitting up Lake Ont. around Bronte Harbor tonight for some Salmon fishing. You think this would hold up in Erie, I think it would. Check out the Video I shot while I was at mountsberg, no fish just boat. I have a trolling motor for it as well and YES you can stand on it, it has a built in standing plateforum that is super sturdy. You sit about 2 feet off the water so there's lots of room under you.

Sorry about my finger guys, didnt realize till I edited the film...

Thank you all for good advice.

I'm definitely planning to fish Welland river. I was at Crystal beach today but for some strange reason fish didn't want to jump in the kayak??? :lol:

I think I was too fast.

Thanks

The platform is made for ponds. Your problem is wind. It will blow you off and turn upsde down. Be very carefull using it on Ontario, Erie or any othe bigger lake.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Eco, but I was out on Lake Ontario last night for about 2 hour's and had no trouble at all. Grant you the lake was pretty calm, I launched out of Bronte and headed out just past the light house and trolled all along the shore. THE SALMON ARE IN GUYS......... I dont think I would take it out if the weather was bad but on a calm night it sure beats fishing arm to arm from shore.

Archived