What is it?

Dan Andrews

it appears to be sitting in snow, that would lessen the liklihood of animals that hiberate for the winter ie. racoons, possum, groundhogs, porcupines etc. , my guess would be a deer who had a bellyful of apples, there is some suggestion of a pellet like shape of a deer.

Racoons don't hibernate.

The attic livin , dumpster divers in the city likely don't hibernate.

Out in the wild and up north , they hibernate much the same as bears, not the comatose super deep sleep, but a lighter hibernation known as a "torpor" where they may awake ocassionally to feed briefly, check on the weather or mate.

Out in the wild and up north , they hibernate much the same as bears, not the comatose super deep sleep, but a lighter hibernation known as a "torpor" where they may awake ocassionally to feed briefly, check on the weather or mate.

Your right they (racoons) don't hibernate.

I had no idea bears didn't really hibernate.

You learn something every day.

This is one post I'm glad sort of got hi-jacked :P

Okay definately not a deer. The deers complex digestive system does not produce scat like that. All the poorly chewed pieces indicate an animal with with teeth like a racoon or coyote they don't have really good grinding molars. The animal would be omnivorous. Again racoon would fit this.

What about badger?

Possible. I just read that although badgers are carnivores in the weasel family they have been known to get drunk on rotting fruit. Maybe that is why they are so fierce? :D

So again I think omnivore with molars that chop and not grind. Bear would also fit this. The picture could've been taken in late fall or early spring. That would account for the snow.

Possible. I just read that although badgers are carnivores in the weasel family they have been known to get drunk on rotting fruit. Maybe that is why they are so fierce? :D

So again I think omnivore with molars that chop and not grind. Bear would also fit this. The picture could've been taken in late fall or early spring. That would account for the snow.

have you seen bear poo!

it is of course el chupacabra fecal matter

Archived