Shore Fishing Spots

Guest flip_kyle

Guest flip_kyle

I'm looking for the best shore spots around the niagara region. Smallmouth, largemouth, pike...anything that can be caught from shore. whether it be a pond, creek, river, lake it doesnt matter just as long as i can get there, have fun and catch some fish. thanks for any help in advance.

Guest Fish4Life

PickeralHunter: fish around the bridge area at sugarloaf harbour. I had some good success there for bass in the summer. Even caught a couple smaller pike too. You can also see huge carp swimming by. Hope this helps.

PickeralHunter: fish around the bridge area at sugarloaf harbour. I had some good success there for bass in the summer. Even caught a couple smaller pike too. You can also see huge carp swimming by.  Hope this helps.

12484[/snapback]

Fish4Life: Yes, this is a good area, (especially in the spring for small Pike) but I'm guessing you were there during low light conditons....i.e. early morning/night ? I find that with water levels being so low in that area (especially in the little "inner harbour" north of the bridge) that during the bright Summer days the fish seem absent. The water does seem to deepen right under the bridge and towards the south of it. I remember this whole area being much better when the water levels were higher in the early 90's.

Come to think of it, low water levels on Erie have been a problem for many shore fishing spots (and marinas) for some time now.

Chris.

Guest Brad_c

Hey Flip...

If you want some good pike action try Black Creek on the Upper Niagara right beside the former Venice Lighthouse... there is a bank there which you can walk down to the creeks edge and you can catch some nice pike in there around the 1st or second week of June, thats when its heaviest... however I dont fish from the shore there I fish by boat, but I do see people in there sometimes... use a Mepps Aglia Long, they are deadly, me and my buddy caught a ton of pike in there last year...

Brad

Guest FisherNick

The ponds in waterford are pretty simple to get to

Unfortunatly i dont have road names but you go hwy6 to Hagersville, at Hagersville drive right through down town to the Volkswagen dealership and turn right at those lights (you will see a sign that says Waterford). Stay straight on that road until you reach a T and hang a right and follow the sign (itll say something about Villa Nova) There are many in the area but the one that i like to fish is across from a trout farm (tripple T unless he changed his name) do some exploring there its clear and deep stocked with browns, and has a pretty good population of large mouths and pike.

Hope this helps lakeshore

Guest Fish4Life
Fish4Life: Yes, this is a good area, (especially in the spring for small Pike) but I'm guessing you were there during low light conditons....i.e. early morning/night ? I find that with water levels being so low in that area (especially in the little "inner harbour" north of the bridge) that during the bright Summer days the fish seem absent.  The water does seem to deepen right under the bridge and towards the south of it. I remember this whole area being much better when the water levels were higher in the early 90's.

Come to think of it, low water levels on Erie have been a problem for many shore fishing spots (and marinas) for some time now.

Chris.

12603[/snapback]

I usually fished there after 4pm. I found it was good only in the spring, but as the summer moved in the water got alot shallower, and just like you said the fish were absent. I have seen and herd of big pike lurking around. The smallies that are in the area are fair size too, no real small ones if you ask me. I only managed to get one nice sized largemouth there last summer. I had the most success with wally divers there. But this year I'm willing to experiment a little more with say a buzzbait as the water is fairly shallow there.

Guest flip_kyle

thanks for the help guys. I'll have to get out to some of these spots when they start thawing out. i have a question about the gm gate 12 place, ive seen it mentioned on here but im not quite sure what it is. driving by i saw what looked like an old canal and then a pond surrounded by bullrushes. is this the spot? if it is whats in there. if that produces it would be a perfect spot for me. also, i havent received my BPS catalogue after about 5 weeks. im just wondering if any of you guys have been waiting this long for yours. thanks for the help.

Gate 12 requires exploration. the initial water you see when you drive in holds small pike and small smallies ... carp as well but they tend to not hold in there ... definately an area that a little exploration would not hurt ... if I can find a pair of rubber boots in my size, chances are you will seee me stuck somewhere out there ... it gets mudy with very little water

Archived