looking for lindsay smith(linz)

tempo

hi everyone havent talked to lindsay smith (linz)

since the begining of last week we are all looking for any info you may have. not like him to be gone with out telling anyone leave a message here or call terry at 905-227-5118 thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just bumping this, maybe someone can post a pic of the jeep or him possibly. I really hope all is well.

Ditto here , I hope he's out fishing somewhere & is having a good time . It's possible his puter is out ......cell phone no ?

Thanks Tom for posting a pic. As for more info we do not have his plate number for his jeep.

It is a 1994 old style Jeep cherokee Green in colour. Will have an official B.A.S.S sticker on the rear window. Truck has a receiver hitch and sits low in the back end due to worn leaf springs. There are rod straps on the inside roof of the jeep that are quite visible from outside the vehicle. Anyone with any info is encouraged to post it here or contact myself (905 714 0692) or Terry (905 227 5118) or contact the N.R.P with any info regardless of how insignificant it may seem it may be a big help.

Thanks

Niagarafisher

Thanks Tom for posting a pic. As for more info we do not have his plate number for his jeep.

It is a 1994 old style Jeep cherokee Green in colour. Will have an official B.A.S.S sticker on the rear window. Truck has a receiver hitch and sits low in the back end due to worn leaf springs. There are rod straps on the inside roof of the jeep that are quite visible from outside the vehicle. Anyone with any info is encouraged to post it here or contact myself (Marco 905 714 0692) or Terry (905 227 5118) or contact the N.R.P with any info regardless of how insignificant it may seem it may be a big help.

Thanks

Niagarafisher

For those willing to help we are going to do a search of the Niagara waterways on Saturday Morning. We will meet at the Timmies at Thorold Stone Rd and the QEW in Niagara Falls at 8:00 am and we will assign specific locations/waterways to everyone. If we have enough voluteers we should be able to cover the region in a few hours. Some areas have already been covered so I think a coordinated search will be more efficient then everyone just going out on their own looking. Please send me a PM if you have been to specific area in the last 2-3 days that you can definitely rule out or if you plan to help out so I can divide the search appropiately.

called niagara parks police and was told that there havent been any cars or jeeps found in a month.i am going to linzs house with his sister after work tomorrow to check for fishing gear and look at his pc for any clues to where he is

Hey Pete: I heard this last night at work from 1 of our members (Kevin) When I left work this morning I got Security to drive me to the top of the Decew pipes to check the back parking lot.(Nothing) It would be a good Idea to let the club Pres. know by e-mail. A few of the St.Cath members will be there Sat morn.Rob

Hi everyone.

I had contacted SARN (Search and Rescue Niagara) and below is my correspondence with Nancy Haywood. If there is a search being organized this Saturday, there are some important things to consider.

Hello Dan.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. As an organization, our hands are tied with assisting in your search. SARN can only assist in searches if dispatches by the local police services. We cannot attend on request by family or friends. Are the police helping with the search at all this weekend? If yes, you may want to mention to them that you have spoken to me by email and my response, it might help. There are a few things that I can mention to make sure everyone understands when searching for a missing individual.

- Have all searchers sign in and make sure that all searchers are briefed and completely understand their job during the search. If people do not understand or do not take it seriously, things can be missed.

- If police are present, they would handle this part but if they are not present and you are collecting clues than this is very important. All searchers should wear a glove of some sort so if they find anything that may be relavant to the missing individual they are not touching it with their bare hands. All searchers should carry plastic zip seal bags with them to gather any relevant clues they may find. If police are present, searchers never touch any possible clues. The police handle them.

- There are usually more clues than missing persons involved. Make sure all searchers look all around themselves, on the ground and even in trees and in bushes. You never know what you may see. Also, tell all searchers to be careful when walking, as they do not want to step on anything that may help or hurt them in any way.

- The individuals leading the search should keep police informed of their up coming plans and steps taken on the search day because the police are there for the community and may be able to assist or give information that may help in some way.

I hope the above helps in some way. I wish you all good luck on Saturday. Take care and bye for now.

Regards,

Nancy D. Haywood

Superintendent

Search and Rescue Niagara

Archived