Yum Yum - cop callers and slobs

Dan Andrews

Well I paddled at least a dozen miles before I got close enough to take this one. I was pretty much right behind Denis' house "well out there" and this one took my first shot. Seeing as I was nearly 5 hours into the hunt I boated it, locked up the gun and headed to shore...............................................

Where the cops were waiting for me <_<:blahblah1:

seems some vegan didn't like the noise and called police saying I was shooting too close. I told the officer I chased them out first then waited for them to come back in so I could be a little farther out. He asked what the legal distance was and I told him in the water. In fact the water is down so I could probably legally hunt from shore below the high water mark.

Anyway I'm having goose for dinner. Hope the Lake is that flat next Sunday. I won't bother chasing them out first.

goose2.jpg

BTW boys clean up your spent shells. Don't be slobs. I picked up a dozen just along the CB launch alone. No wonder they call on us!

Nice goosey, did the cops ask for your pal and hunting licence, township etc?

Surprisingly no but he seemed like he didn't want to bother me. They get these calls every time a guy scores a meal and they get to spend a little time sitting by the lakeside waiting for you to come in. It almost seemed kinda routine. :blahblah1:

Yes what do you want, people got nothing better to do ,but to sit around on there ass and wait for something to complain about. What did they think the coppers were going to arrest you or something for hunting legally? , I mean all the power to people who make a complaint for something illegal but jeeez, just like during my deer hunt I walked back to my car on the road, and a lady was walking her dog and said " can I ask you something?? ....me thinking she was going to ask me something about hunting or my gun that I was putting in my case "how could you kill innocent animals". I looked at her and said there not innocent when your eating them" She keeps walking and says" hunting disgustes me" Me being the type of guy I am I usually tell you where to go, but i didnot need any problems so I didnot reply.

Some people have to wake up and smell the coffee, hunting is part of our heritage.

Way 2 go Chills , nice fat goose for the oven ! Nothing like wild meat compared to the hormone-ated with high test stuff the big super duper stores sell . The cops have to act on a complaint .....some people just dislike hunters . They just pay someone else to do the killing .

pike007 ....I would have asked her if she was a vegan & then asked if the dog was also a vegan ha ha .....

Kayak goose stalking; I think you are on to something! Think of what a pair of kayak hunters could accomplish! :blahblah1:

Your method seems to give you access to areas where the general public is not accustomed to hunting taking place. Keep on edumacating 'em! <_<

That's why so many guys have gotten out of hunting!! The more you hunt, the more you run into the cops, even when doing everything by the book.

If you are doing things by the books who cares? I hvae run into cops and spoke the COs while out hunting, never a problem!

Way 2 go Chills , nice fat goose for the oven ! Nothing like wild meat compared to the hormone-ated with high test stuff the big super duper stores sell . The cops have to act on a complaint .....some people just dislike hunters . They just pay someone else to do the killing .

pike007 ....I would have asked her if she was a vegan & then asked if the dog was also a vegan ha ha .....

:) Yes I usually dont waste my time with people like that, I mean I couldnot even believe the nerve this lady had and saying that me, her poor dog was probably a vegan as well as her it was a poor lab with one of those dog sweaters on , should told here " thats a hunting dog" not a puppet dog, jeeez

Kayak goose stalking; I think you are on to something! Think of what a pair of kayak hunters could accomplish! :)

Your method seems to give you access to areas where the general public is not accustomed to hunting taking place. Keep on edumacating 'em! B)

I would love to try this if it was legal. My neighbour could run the border collie down the beach to lift them off the sand also. Not sure if its legal but I've wanted to try 2 kayaks. One in camo with gun and the other bright and loud to scare them down the lakeshore or river. Question is; is it legal?

I would love to try this if it was legal. My neighbour could run the border collie down the beach to lift them off the sand also. Not sure if its legal but I've wanted to try 2 kayaks. One in camo with gun and the other bright and loud to scare them down the lakeshore or river. Question is; is it legal?

Perfectly legal, as long as both kayakers are licensed to hunt waterfowl. Even if only one person has a gun, both need licenses because both are engaged in hunting. Same would go for your neighbour on the beach.

No different than using dogs to flush other game birds I would think.

My Son is my apprentice. Could he help Dad?

Good question. My initial reaction is to think its fine, as long as you both have a waterfowl license. But best to ask a C.O. that one. For what its worth, I'll post that question at Hunt Ontario and see what the responses are.

Good question. My initial reaction is to think its fine, as long as you both have a waterfowl license. But best to ask a C.O. that one. For what its worth, I'll post that question at Hunt Ontario and see what the responses are.

Also if he doesn't already know teach him gun safety even if he isn't the one taking the shots.

He can't buy licences he's an apprentice. He has to share my limits and tags.

Also if he doesn't already know teach him gun safety even if he isn't the one taking the shots.

Erik an apprentice can't join in the hunt unless he's taken the safety course. You must be a licenced hunter or a youth apprentice guided by a licenced hunter. He did have to take the wild turkey seminar also just to join me.

Chili,

You know you should never take the advice from these forums as gospel.

Call the CO or the Migratory Bird Police (whatever they are called) and get the sound advice you are looking for.

FW

Your absolutely right and I never would take the word of a forum but there are a few select few who I know are in the loop like ninepointer that I would take their word for it.

Archived