!!!!NEW ELECTRICITY PRICING !!!!!!

ogliq2

I just had a knock at the door, and a young man asked me if I had Ontario hydro pricing protection.

I said Whuuut ??

He said that Welland Hydro is installing smart meters, and that means that when you need your electricity the most, it will be the most expensive.

I said Whuuut ??

He said:"right now you are paying about 5c /kwh. starting in January, the smart meter will be turned on and you will be paying 9.3c between the hours of 11 am and 5 pm. Between 5 and 9,pm and 7 and 11am you will be paying the middle rate of 8.0c/kwh, and between 9pm and 7am when you need it least, you will be paying 4.4c/kwh.

I said whuuut??

He said these rates, for now, are the projected summer rates. Time of use periods, and pricing may change during winter hours and statutory holidays. Time of use and price per kwh may be subject to review, and change, without notice depending on the findings of the Ontario Energy board's bi-anual review.

I said whuuut??

I went to the Welland Hydro website, and sure enough there it was ...

I said whuuut??

I didn't even read it yet or have time to form an opinion, but thought I'd pass this on as a heads up for everyone who hasn't heard of it yet ...

You just found out about this.....

This was posted with the new rates back in Mar of this year and also middle of last year, as well as a few times

in between.

Hydro rates will double for the average household.

And of course don't forget to add the HST this coming summer.

DON'T DO IT..my sis works for NPEI, the door to door "DEALS" are a scam. Be "SMART" about when you use your Hydro now, that 's it. The reason for increased prices during the day is because of industry. Most consumption is during the day because most industry is 9 to 5 and they will charge more to make more. Do your laundry and stuff at night. You shift workers will have to schedule accordingly......

Industry ???? Whuuut Industry ??? They have almost vanished in Niagara /Welland & more will be closing . Most likely , it's because they aren't selling no where near as much electric power to industry ,so the consumers will have to make up the $$$ shortfall . And that goes for taxes as well for the same reasons . Get used to paying much more for all energy ....we have a global warming crisis ya know ! :P

We will learn how to save a few pennies with tips from other posters etc. , e.g.....unplug your freezer during the day , put the fridge outside (free energy) , get a wood stove........eat lots of fish ....... :D

Industry ???? Whuuut Industry ??? They have almost vanished in Niagara /Welland & more will be closing . Most likely , it's because they aren't selling no where near as much electric power to industry ,so the consumers will have to make up the $$$ shortfall . And that goes for taxes as well for the same reasons . Get used to paying much more for all energy ....we have a global warming crisis ya know ! :P

We will learn how to save a few pennies with tips from other posters etc. , e.g.....unplug your freezer during the day , put the fridge outside (free energy) , get a wood stove........eat lots of fish ....... :D

I guess what I meant to say was that most "businesses" are in full swing from 900am until 500pm. This initiative is not happening ONLY in Niagara. It will be the norm for all Hydro utiities sooner than later.

Old news indeed!

This is what happens when breaking news gets covered up....it leaves many people clueless and defenseless. Its up to us "conspiracy theorists" to warn the public on such events....IF they choose to listen :P

:D:D:lol::lol::lol:B)

We keep the air temp set at 76*F .which e find ok since the humidity is lowered by the a.c.Some people like it to be colder ,like 70*F ,but then it makes going outside feel much hotter . So people who don't have air go to malls to escape the heat or have a small 6000 btu a.c. for one room . I hope things work out for you & the kids. We will all be paying these high utility bills which will further erode my FISHING buying power , since the big boys on bay street pay the media , governments & scientists mega bucks to tell us we are saving the planet & should smile :D in the mirror for being a green icon8.gif person .

anyone have any green stamps left over ? :P

Yah I guess eh ? I remember a time when living was easy... Now there's greed graft and corruption everywhere in government and big business, and the one who suffers is the average guy ... just have to suck it up I guess ...

I've mentioned it before that no matter how "green" you are with your energy use, the companies will get their money back one way or another.....like extra "delivery" or "carrying" charges added to fill up that per person charge THEY (corporate) needs to profit on.

Itz all bout zee money, ya?

Exactly ! Today , the Aussies rejected this cap & trade idea . They are a big coal producing country & know what will happen to their economy if this monstrosity happens . Good on them I say ! I guess the green people in this country can afford to fatten up the Wall St. gangsters wallets ..... Wait until this hits our pocket books , then add the new Honey tax to it . ..... :angry2:

Archived