Martindale Ice Fishing Tournament

live2fish

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since i posted here but its that time of year again for the tournament. As somee of you know im currently in North Bay for school, for this reason i will not be able to run the tournament this year, but i have spoke to a few members of this site who said they would be will to lend a hand in organizing it and running it on the day. Smokin Joe and Hooked) Not alot is involved in running this, all you would need is a sighn up sheet and something to keep the money in. My parents did a barbeque in the previous years and would be willing to do that again.

If anyone has any ideas for the date or would like to help maybe put up a post and we can get something going.

Bowen

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to hear from you Bowen ! I hope you are enjoying school & North Bay & getting in some fishing time . The ice at Rennie Park is good to go & is clearing nicely from the big rains we had . It's nice of your parents , Joe & Tony to pitch in & run the derby . We will have to check the dates for other derbies so they don't conflict & split the contestants . It looks like the ice should be here into March if all goes well . I'll pitch in to help out where ever I can .

Bradley Perzul Memorial Derby 2010 Sat. Feb 27th.

Last year the derby was held on Sat. Feb 28 . The closest Sat. this yr. is Feb .27 .Maybe shoot for that date ?

Here's a link to last years derby .....winners pictures & prizes on page 5 . Some of the new people here may be interested to attend . We had a great time ! B)

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...t=0&start=0

Bradley Perzul Memorial Derby 2010 Sat. Feb. 27th.

Last year the derby was held on Sat. Feb 28 . The closest Sat. this yr. is Feb .27 .Maybe shoot for that date ?

Here's a link to last years derby .....winners pictures & prizes on page 5 . Some of the new people here may be interested to attend . We had a great time ! B)

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...t=0&start=0

last sat of feb sounds good too me Bill, we going to do the same rules as last year? just wondering still perch and pike how about a sunfish/perch divison with the pike one as well just my 2 cents

Last year the pike were measured for length in inches . The perch were weighed on a digi scale & 5 perch were put in a sack & and the total weight taken (same scale) . I believe they will stick to that same agenda again as there are only so many prizes to hand out . I'll put a map up again later , to show the boundaries & parking areas .

Last year the pike were measured for length in inches . The perch were weighed on a digi scale & 5 perch were put in a sack & and the total weight taken (same scale) . I believe they will stick to that same agenda again as there are only so many prizes to hand out . I'll put a map up again later , to show the boundaries & parking areas .

Thanks Bill for the posts I can only post so much using a Blackberry. I suspect that we're going to keep the same rules as always. I'd also suggest that we can use and a measuring device and a Camera in case the angler wants to "CPR".

This is for a great cause and has done very well in the past, lets keep it going for years to come :dunno:

Thanks everyone

Joe

UPDATE

Bradley Perzul Memorial Derby 2010 Sat. Feb. 27th

SATURDAY FEB. 27'TH 2010

Registration Starts at 7 and the fishing will begin at 8. Late registers can see me on the ice like last year but this time i will not be fishing the event. Only for fun.

Weighin is at 2pm. NO fishing after 2pm.

50 percent of the money will go towards the heart and stroke like last year in memoration of Bradley P.

the other 50 percent will be divided in 2 and half will go to the longest pike and the other half will go to the heaviest weight of 5 combined perch.

If no pike is caught there will be a 1st and 2nd for the perch division.

10 dollars per person to enter.

Everyone is to follow all the rules and regulations of the MNR and the law.

The boundaries are the same as last year from the point of the bay right across to the other side.

It is to be held from Rennie Park near the Tim Hortons.

We will be having a donational barbeque.

NO fishing before 8.

Anyone caught mixing fish with someone or cheating in any way will be disqualified.

Fish can be dead for weigh in but not frozen so bring a bucket to keep them alive.

Pike can be measured at any time along with your 5 perch if you need to leave early.

This is open to the public so tell everyone and bring anyone you want.

Organizers are not responsible for stolen,lost equipment, personal injury or death.

Fish at own risk.

This is a fun derby so come out for the day and contribute to a good cause.

hi there just checking over the rules, am i aloud to use my 4 man pop up hut, can i use my underwater camera? is there bait restrictions or can you use any legal bait. is there 2 rods aloud? is it pay per hole or just $10 for 2? pre drilled holes or can we make them our selves?. sounds like a decent derby for 10 bucks and a worthy cause, you shouls get a hold of the newspaper and make n add. get the media out there for the next year

Guest niagarariverpro

If anyone is not sure who Bradley was just click on my NRS link as I have a permanant picture of him on the front page with BJ holding his 2 nd place laker he got.

Hi Everyone

This is the tournament I have been waiting for. If you need help, I am in. Is the date set for Feb 27 for sure?? Had a great time last year for the first time of ice fishing. BJ would be proud of all of you for the ongoing tradition. Thanks, and I will definitely be there again, but will likely need some help as I only have the fishing rods.

Hi Everyone

This is the tournament I have been waiting for. If you need help, I am in. Is the date set for Feb 27 for sure?? Had a great time last year for the first time of ice fishing. BJ would be proud of all of you for the ongoing tradition. Thanks, and I will definitely be there again, but will likely need some help as I only have the fishing rods.

Sorry for the delay fishermom2

It is set for the 27'th

A couple of members have volunteered to help out with things as well as Bowens parents. Thank you for the offer to help out fishermom2 anyone else willing to help out just give me a shout. The more the merrier I always say. I probably won't be fishing so I'll be able to assist in drilling holes and any other things that should arise. This is for everyone to have a great time for a good cause. I hope to see a great turn out and everyone having fun :rolleyes:

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since i posted here but its that time of year again for the tournament. As somee of you know im currently in North Bay for school, for this reason i will not be able to run the tournament this year, but i have spoke to a few members of this site who said they would be will to lend a hand in organizing it and running it on the day. Smokin Joe and Hooked) Not alot is involved in running this, all you would need is a sighn up sheet and something to keep the money in. My parents did a barbeque in the previous years and would be willing to do that again.

If anyone has any ideas for the date or would like to help maybe put up a post and we can get something going.

Bowen

Hi Bowan,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. This sounds like a great turny for a good cause. I would like to be in it but I will be in Puta Cana. However, I would like to donate $20. to sponser afew younsters or father/son who might not be able to afford to go. Please E-MAIL me at one_supersider@hotmail.com and let me know where I could drop off the money.

Marty

Hi Bowan,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. This sounds like a great turny for a good cause. I would like to be in it but I will be in Puta Cana. However, I would like to donate $20. to sponser afew younsters or father/son who might not be able to afford to go. Please E-MAIL me at one_supersider@hotmail.com and let me know where I could drop off the money.

Marty

Hey Marty, lemme be the first to welcome you, youre in for a wild ride LOL

Thats amazingly kind and nice of you, Im sure there wil be someone who could use it. Have a great time in Dominican

Hi supersider , welcome to the board .... and thanks very much for the offer ! That is one hell of a nice way to intoduce yourself !! I hope to hear more from you here and maybe meet up at one of our secret holes :rolleyes: I sent you a message to your hot mail addy , hope you got the message ok ..... and Thanks for you generosity Marty .

Jacques , a few bottles of dram would be nice :Gonefishing: ha ha .

More prizes have come in and cash donations have been pledged . I hope to see many of our board members , their friends and new comers at the derby . It is a fun time for a very worthy cause in remembrance of a fine young man and honouring him by doing something (fishing) that he liked to do & send our contribution to the heart & stroke fund. More details in the coming week .

Archived