Martindale Ice Fishing Tournament

live2fish

Hi Everyone

This is the tournament I have been waiting for. If you need help, I am in. Is the date set for Feb 27 for sure?? Had a great time last year for the first time of ice fishing. BJ would be proud of all of you for the ongoing tradition. Thanks, and I will definitely be there again, but will likely need some help as I only have the fishing rods.

Hi Again

This is Bradley's mother, and yes I will be out again, but we would like to know how we could help out, as my daughter(BJ's sister) would like to help rather than fish. If you could use some help, please contact me at 905-354-6658, and let me know what we can do for you. Thanks.

Sonia

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there will be lots of bait there as there was in the past tournies...I'm going to go out and try to get a bunch mid-week so they're nice and fresh...So as long as there is bait in the stores I'll have a bunch

I'm working on the live bait I'll know more this weekend :)

Bait Update

Hooked will be offering minnows for sale $3/scoop via his son. All procedes will be going towards the charity.

Please inquire at the sign in table :)

Great, thanks Joe and see you on Saturday.

Sonia

Here is a map of the area at Port Dalhousie & Rennie Park . The RED line is the fishing boundary line & the marked area on the right is a current overflow spot that can be thin ice , so stay clear of that tall starter building . The Green mark is where we enter the ice at 7 am. The YELLOW marks are a few parking areas ....one is closest to the park near Timmies , another is across the road from Timmies & another if needed , behind the Legion . There are about 5 spots near the ice at the back where the people who bring the tables etc.can park or those that wish to unload huts etc .

Rennie%20Park.JPG

Hey guys i'd love to help out with this event. I am still in highschool and just wondering if i could get community sevice hours for helping out in this? Let me know. Thanks

Hi Rile I'm not sure if it would count or not towards your hours or not but we can definately use the added help. Thank you for the offer and thank you Bill for the map. :blahblah1:

Hi Rile I'm not sure if it would count or not towards your hours or not but we can definately use the added help. Thank you for the offer and thank you Bill for the map. :blahblah1:

As the hours are going towards helping a charitable event, the hours count. Just need a signature and contact info from one of the organizers for verification purposes.

Guest niagarariverpro

Joe you can fill out the communiity services sheet they provide as this is a charity event they would get those credited hours .. I have done it for past charity derbies

Cliff

As the hours are going towards helping a charitable event, the hours count. Just need a signature and contact info from one of the organizers for verification purposes.

I would be happy to sign for you rile .....but you will have to clean all the fish , take out all the garbage , and wash my van....... :blahblah1: . I hope mother nature gives us a decent day Saturday .

Joe you can fill out the communiity services sheet they provide as this is a charity event they would get those credited hours .. I have done it for past charity derbies

Cliff

Thanks Cliff I didn't know that. Glad to hear that it can also help someone else out. Don't wanna bump Smerch out of a free wash though lol :worthy:

Hopefully Bowen can come through with something. He's in the process of talking with Angie. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hey guys i'd love to help out with this event. I am still in highschool and just wondering if i could get community sevice hours for helping out in this? Let me know. Thanks

im sure you can, I got some of mine at a dragonboat thing so you should be able to for this derby.

How's the ice going to be? Up here its even starting to get slushy on top ( of 17" ice ) :P

there was a good 14" at the grandstands

Ok well im in...i just need some help getting there and all the needed information...like price rules...etc. etc....can some one please send me a pm with any info i would need, big thanks ahead of time...i would really like to come out to this tourney, cheers

P.s. i know how to get to Port D if that helps..i heard it was near there ...dunno if read correctly...

Adrian

14"? :P I've never seen it that think.....8"....maybe.

no, well over a foot, I gotta stick my entire hand down there just to get the end of a scoop to go under the edge of the ice

so about volunteering, me and my friend would like to come out and help, what time should we be there at, and what excactly do you need a hand with? thanks alot, sorry for the late reply.

Ill be popping holes around, and ill be there 630 am

At this point we have to address the weather ......Ma nature has hit Niagara the hardest according to Hamilton news & we may get hit again tonight into tomorrow with another 10 cm. of snow . I don't expect people who have to drive a long distance in treacherous conditions to put themselves at risk if the roads are bad in the morning , myself included . Parking could be a problem also if the plows have not cleared the 3 parking areas surrounding the fishing area . I'll check the conditions in the morning about 5 am & post a brief message . Mother nature can be nasty at the best of times..........

Archived