Martindale Ice Fishing Tournament

live2fish

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well mother nature is calling for another 5 sm tomorrow from tonight to tomorrow evening thats not too bad but it comes down to how many people want drive there and if the parking lots are even cleared ill bring my shovel and give it a whirl im pretty sure timmies lot would be dont know if the small one will be though if not Ill clear it out if my ride can get me

Well good luck to all in the derby tomorrow

My son will be there with the minnows

Cuba calls and I'm heading there tomorrow

I hope you all have fun and catch a ton of fish

Raise a bunch of money for the charity

Most important be safe and keep a eye on each other and lend a hand where needed

Hooked

Thanks Tony , enjoy the sun & the rum in Cuba ! Well , it's starting to snow & the temp is 0 cel. with nw winds . I'll be heading out bt 7 am ,see you there .

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast...etprefs.6.val=0

Great day out there. Excellent turn out and was nice to meet some new people. Fishing was a bit slow but did manage one perch and lost 3 pike. Had the aqua vu down all day. There was a tonne of smelts around and the few bites I got were really light. Ended up winning a very nice rod and reel and tackle package in a draw which my boy ( 4 years old ) loves.

Thanks for putting on such a great event that goes towards such a great cause.

Niagarafisher

Results for the Bradley Perzul Memorial Derby : B)

Well ,I must say , we had a fantastic turnout !!! & :D to all the people who who drove a long way through snowy road conditions . Thank you Josh for bringing us minnows from Port Colborne & thanks Rick (RJR-Welland) for the use of your scale .And thanks to all the people who participated in the derby & also the people who donated prizes & cash to help make this a great success . I'm sure Bowen will be happy to see this & thanks to his Dad Chris & Sonia (Bradleys Mom) for registering everyone & getting everything ready before I arrived (late) :blush: We had 61 entries & with all the money raised from minnows & cash donations we raised $450 for the Heart & Stroke Fund !! The pike winner won $150 with a 23.75" pike . There were 4 more pike caught just a little under that one . The perch winner also won $150 with a 5 perch total weight of 1.7 lbs .Congrats to the winners ! I have a few pictures of the event , hope to add a few names later ........

Lots of huts this year & lots of wet snow

Derby%20Feb.27%202010.jpg

Various pictures at awards table....

Derby%20pics.%201.jpg

Bowens dad left , Bradleys mom right

Derby%20pics%202.jpg

Happy perch winner & partner :D Dave Lees (right)

Derby%20pics%203.jpg

more pics on next post...........

And .....the rest of the story .......... B)

Winner for the longest pike ,23.75 inches.....Joey Cote

Derby%20pics%204.jpg

Bradleys mom & sister

Derby%20pics%205.jpg

More prize winners......

Derby%20pics%206.jpg

And another winner via name number draw ....

Derby%20pics%207.jpg

Thanks to everyone ! :blush: It was fun to be out there & enjoying a great day for a good cause! I hope we have another day like this again next year . :D

had a great time out on the pond today, great to see such an awesome turnout, especially considering how wet it was out there, i managed 4 perch but had to leave early and didn't have time to weigh in, but by the looks of things my 4 would have been only half of the winning weight. Congrats and thanks to all those who volunteered

It was a great day of fishing yesterday although the snow was a little annoying. My daughter and I caught 2 small perch and still had fun. I would like to thank everyone that helped to put this tournament on again this year in memory of my son-BJ; Bradley Perzul. A great turn out and a wonderful amount to Heart and Stroke. You are all a great bunch of fishermen and women to continue this tradition. Lets keep this going.

Thanks again to all of you.

Sonia

Wow, looks like a great turn out and great event.

I wish I had read this thread before and known about it, it would have been great to bring my girls to. Well we benefitted from the holes left the next day anyway.

Maybe next year we will attend.

FW

• 10 months later...

Hey guys,

Looks like the same deal as last year, im going to be in North Bay and am almost positive i wont be able to make it because i have a wedding and a cruise in Feb.

Every year it has been bigger and bigger so im hoping someone will take over again and get things organized. Im sure my family will do food again so all that needs to be done is registration and weighing/measuring fish.

Let me know if anyones intrested!

Bowen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Looks like the same deal as last year, im going to be in North Bay and am almost positive i wont be able to make it because i have a wedding and a cruise in Feb.

Every year it has been bigger and bigger so im hoping someone will take over again and get things organized. Im sure my family will do food again so all that needs to be done is registration and weighing/measuring fish.

Let me know if anyones intrested!

Bowen

Hey Bowen

I am willing to do the registration for the tournament, if someone is going to get it organized for this year.

Bradley's Mom--Sonia

:)

Hi Sonia, I will not be able to go in the turny but, just like last year I am more that happy to support such a good cause. Please let me know where to send a cheque for $150.00 and I hope it will cover most of the food....Marty

Please visit: www.superiorhomeimprovements.com

Hi Sonia, I will not be able to go in the turny but, just like last year I am more that happy to support such a good cause. Please let me know where to send a cheque for $150.00 and I hope it will cover most of the food....Marty

Please visit: www.superiorhomeimprovements.com

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will let you know closer to the proposed date, as I am not sure who is going to get this going this year. I am not involved enough with the fishing community to know how to get sponsors or anything else. If anyone can help out that would be great. Let us know.

I have been snooping around Port to see what's going on with the construction sites . They are starting to build the walk bridge to Jaycee Park over the waterway & they have gated off the entrance we used to park some vehicles and unload our set up etc. We will see if they will let us pass through for the day of the derby which is held in late Feb. (maybe the 26 th) . If we cannot access there we may use the parking lot across the road where crossing can be tricky on that bend . Another member here & myself will try to get some more info . on this & will report here soon . If anyone has some connections to the city , maybe they know the right people to talk with about the park etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm guessing this is pretty much last call for this. Would anyone be interested in continuing on with what Bowen started? If so you better start getting your duck in a row now so people have time to make plans. I believe his mother already expressed interest in helping.

Come on guys there's gotta be a few good people who haven't done anything for their community or the fisheries for awhile. Devote one day to helping and this one is an easy one. We can't all be too busy to give a little back.

Archived