What interesting things have you found?

It was probably the "sickly" farmers wife who was buzzed :)

One of the small dumps behind a farm behind my parents place had at least a hundred " Paines Celery Compound " bottles, all the clear ones but sealed with a cork, no screw top.

http://glswrk-auction.com/070.htm

still got a couple for decoration and conversation pieces. that was over 40 years ago.

First Day of moose season 2009, I lost my glasses (was wearing my prescript sunglasses) in the case, they fell out of what I thought was a buttined pocket, when I got a little "turned around" for the rest of the 3 days we were out my wifes uncle kept looking for them with no luck. Then the last day of the season he is walking thru the bush and sees something white on the ground that he thought was an oil bottle, went to pick it up to dispose of properly and lo and behold my glasses case, with glasses still safe inside. Of course by then I had already purchased a new pair $$$$$$.

Found other people's glasses on skidoo trails when I lived up north, put them on the local radio lost and found program.

Dropped my wedding band one day grouse hunting (had taken it off to clean some birds, and put it in my pocket...that had a hole) My FIL found it afterwards, decided it would be funny to play a joke on me too, the bugger.

I found a nice Berkley ultra light rod and reel, in the long grass, many years ago. Found it at the landing on this small secluded lake in the am, left it all day, it was still there when we were leaving so I claimed it.

When I was in Grade 3 or 4 I found a 80CC Kawasaki dirt bike that was ditched by a theif...reported it and the cop said if no one claims it in 30 days it would be mine....Day 28 it was claimed. That weekend my buddy's mother bought it from the rightful owner for him. RRRRrrr.

All sorts of bottles, cans etc in the bush while hunting.

Dropped my wedding band one day grouse hunting (had taken it off to clean some birds, and put it in my pocket...that had a hole) My FIL found it afterwards, decided it would be funny to play a joke on me too, the bugger.

LOL!!! That reminds me of a buddy of mine who was wearing his wedding band when he started field dressing a deer, only to discover the ring gone when he was done! This led to him to perform a systematic and detailed "field autopsy" that would have rivalled anything seen on CSI. The good news is he found the ring (too bad the marriage didn't last!) :)

About 15 yrs ago while walking through 40mile creek bare foot I stubbed my toe on something metal...reached down and pulled out a horseshoe. Not knowing the significance when I was 10 or so it got thrown back into the water. Still to this day I ve been wanting to take a metal detector down there to retrieve it and change my luck. Funny thing was all the years walking barefoot through the creek that was the only thing that injured me.huh

While Laker trolling a few years ago at the mouth of the Niagara, one downrigger rod popped, then another, and the fight was on! Two of us fightin for about fifteen mins! Both rods hooked into the same thing! Was a big green plastic garbage can still intact. We had both hooked onto the top edge. Now that was the heaviest thing i've ever reeled in! We were whipped!

I'm surprised that in all my years of stomping around the bushes, I haven't stumbled across any "specialty crops". Then again, its mainly autumn when I'm in the woods; perhaps the harvest is over by then.

I've found quite a few animals skulls around the farm and in our few acres of forest. My dad actually has a small collection we keep around just for fun. We've got some deer skulls, raccoons and opossums, even some little mouse or other small rodent skulls. We even ended up finding some bones from a deceased horse foal we buried a few years ago that died during birth.

We've also found a bunch of old farm hand-tools around. Some of them were even found when the horses churned up the mud they were buried in. We found a metal file, a hoof rasp, an ancient clamp, and some other rusty things. We've got a bunch of really old sulky racing pieces around as well, and a bunch of horseshoes we nailed around.

Just curious... Does anybody know how that rusty old safe got there, alongside the steps down to the whirlpool?

I was told it was from a heist(years &years ago).Theives could not not get it open so they backed up to the edge and let er go hoping it would open.Could be BS ,but was told that.Now I would like to know

• 2 weeks later...

when I was about 10 up on Trout Lake in North Bay at a family friend's cottage there was an ole beaver lodge that we used to fish off of and one day there was this wicked bad smell, turned out to be an old rotted beaver carcass in an old rusty trap. Found an old bone,most likely a deer leg bone that was made into what looked to be a handle for some sort of tool on Navy Island about 15 years back. Like many others have found tonnes of fishing tackle,swiss army knife,almost full case of beer,various critter bones...one of the best memries was riding my bike to Lyon's Creek when I was about 12..I wiped out on my bike which really sucked,but turns out where i wiped out I found a 50 dollar bill....never told my mom about that one..treated my buds to lots of crap at the store after that one

Archived