fishing spot

smerchly

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is going flywire.

It's going to be a long haul so be patient.

Once this process was started it couldn't be stopped so rest assured the guys who took the time to call TIPS and alert agencies will get results. :Gonefishing:

Just sent off the letters.

I can't tell you how difficult it is to look at the damage done in those photos. I practically lived at this fishing spot during my high school summer breaks when I was 13 to 15 years old. My buddy and I rode our bikes there nearly every morning and spent long summer days fishing for cats, carp, bass, and whatever else would bite. We'd bring lunch, make camp fires out of the driftwood we found along the beach, and carve stuff out of the rest. Go home for supper, then back out after dusk to catch worms so that we could go back the next day. Every day!

Paradise lost...it's infuriating!

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto, though not quite everyday. I caught what used to be a PB largemouth there. Was tossing a crankbait up to a fallen tree, right in the corner where the pond joins the lake (at the time, it wasn't joined). I remember white bass piling in there too, chasing minnows. We would stand in the water with our feet in the sand and the minnows would swim right against us. Let's hope it get's restored to some degree :S

Just sent off the letters.

I can't tell you how difficult it is to look at the damage done in those photos. I practically lived at this fishing spot during my high school summer breaks when I was 13 to 15 years old. My buddy and I rode our bikes there nearly every morning and spent long summer days fishing for cats, carp, bass, and whatever else would bite. We'd bring lunch, make camp fires out of the driftwood we found along the beach, and carve stuff out of the rest. Go home for supper, then back out after dusk to catch worms so that we could go back the next day. Every day!

Paradise lost...it's infuriating!

Yes we do have an update. Was contacted by the DFO and informed that there part of the investigation was finished. Based on a report received from the NPCA, they do not believe any structure, habitat etc.. was harmed in the water :worthy: and that the only damage was done along the shoreline. So what exactly happened and where did all the wooden limbs and logs go? B)

I can report that the MNR and NPCA are pursuing the matter to at least see the shoreline rehabilitated.

The shoreline was raped , stripped of every log, tree & weed in or half way in the water plus all the overhanging tree limbs where we watched the herons & kingfishers perch and hunt for their daily prey . For any government to ignore this and treat so lightly , is a government we need to get rid of ASP ! We are watching and hoping to see this area restored . Hundreds of emails have been sent to various people and we have some answers in writing . I hope they don't keep us waiting , time is running out as summer approaches and I believe there is a lot of interested anglers / conservationalists who are also waiting for results . We will NOT let this get swept under the rug !

• 1 year later...

Well I've received some good news today. No nothings changed and it looks like they're getting away with this Scott Free with this one but I was talking to the NPCA about this tonight. One of the reasons they could not help was because no one reported this decimation for 6 months and the NPCA is confined by a statute of limitations. However I was told tonight that the statute has been changed from 6 months to 2 years! This will prevent residents from performing work come winter when no one is looking.

Unfortunately this one and a more recent incident similar (I don't have details) weren't detected within the statute and both happened before the 2 year statute was instituted and therefore are grandfathered.

On a side note to MNR I learned my lesson on this one. When the MNR asks me to ensure the guys the process may be slow but it works I'll scream a lot bloody louder. That's what it's going to take guys but lets celebrate a gain from this experience. 2 years is a long time to get away with something without someone noticing and perhaps it was our disgust with the six month statute that got it changed. :bravo::worthy:

The house has already been burnt down, but we are now installing a smoke detector :wall:

True...but the news is still good when you look at the big picture. Lost this battle...but learned a great deal about winning the war!

True...but the news is still good when you look at the big picture. Lost this battle...but learned a great deal about winning the war!

I hear you. But this isn't Coventry and none of us are Churchill. It sucks that people can get around the law by slipping through loopholes. As far as I'm concerned, there should be no statute of limitations on environmental crimes. . . and make no mistake: this was/is a crime. We shouldn't have to allow the house to burn in order to prevent the next fire.

Archived