Fishing spots in Niagara Falls?

malinois_16

My friend and I like to fish in Niagara Falls, we dont have access to a boat so we fish from waters edge. We go to Firemens park, along the Niagara River across from the Humane Society...other than that those are really the only spots. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

I had heard about Queenston Docks but I am unsure how to get there. I just dont have the gas to drive around unfortunatley lol. So I was looking for spots others have been to. Just got into fishing this year thanks to my friend but havent caught anything yet. Hoping to get lucky eventaully, plus service dog likes a break too.

any of the bridges along lyons creek will get you into fish , crappie, sunfish, pike, bass (when in season ) under the train bridge by grassy brooks will get fish in there off montrose rd, the small ditch off of brown rd will have fish in it turn left at brown rd heading towards the niagara square at the montrose inn drive up a KM or so it'll be on the left side , this spot will get you bullhead suckers carp stuff like that

mostly just plain old hook and worm will do the job in these places

Lyons Creek is a long road. Are their bridges along all of the road? Where is the train bridge on Grassey Brooks? I never heard of that road before. Whats the easiest way to get to it from lets say walmart?

Dufferin Islands during the summer months. anywhere along the upper Niagara River after you've gone through Chippewa, especially around the many creek tribs and the also the boat launch. lots of Pike, Muskie, Bass, Carp, etc at those spots. Queenston Dock is at the bottom of the Niagara escarpment, by Brocks monument. go down the hilland after a sharp right at the bottom, you'll go about 3 streets and turn right. there's a church on the corner and a firehall on the right. go all the way to the end and you'll see the sign for the boat launch. go to the bottom of that dirt road and you'll come to a circular parking lot and another road to your left. go down that road and you'll end up at the boat launch. jsut watch out for pot holes. they are car size and will swallow you, never to be seen again. LOL. good luck.

Rich

if you wanna catch fish in niagara falls your best bet would be, firemans for beginners lots of hungry little sunfish and some carp, just put on a slightly small hook, on a small float and a splitshot and use canned sweet corn as bait, i've gotten everything on that, sunfish, carp, goldfish?!, bass, suckers, trout, salmon will take in the fall sometimes, and of course gobies and catfish.

Yup I do firemens, of course the day we went there was raining so caught nothing. Will be going back friday. Pot holes eh lol, going to have to watch my service dog them so he dont fall in them. Its legal to fish in Duffern islands? I thought it wasnt allowed..hmm I remember going there when I was little in the water with all the crayfish lol

yes it's legal to fish at Dufferin Islands. just don't take a dog in there with you. that's illegal. LOL. safe pot hole dodging if you go to Q dock. another spot we like is Navy house, behind Fort George. we've caught a bunch of fish out of there, no matter what time of year.

Rich

I can take my dog with me, hes my service dog its against the law to deny him entry. So I am not concerned about that part. For Fort George can we just walk through the field and walk behind Fort George back there or is accessible by car?

yes it's legal to fish at Dufferin Islands. just don't take a dog in there with you. that's illegal. LOL. safe pot hole dodging if you go to Q dock. another spot we like is Navy house, behind Fort George. we've caught a bunch of fish out of there, no matter what time of year.

Rich

I thought they made it so only residents could fish Niagara on the Lake with out a permit?

Rich

I thought they made it so only residents could fish Niagara on the Lake with out a permit?

I can take my dog with me, hes my service dog its against the law to deny him entry. So I am not concerned about that part. For Fort George can we just walk through the field and walk behind Fort George back there or is accessible by car?

Dumphreys st in Queenston-takes you to boat ramp--Google it

Archived